This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Windowmania

0 rejection ro
« on: February 03, 2011, 09:22:44 pm »
Any one know how the ionics 0 rejection ro works
Ben

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: 0 rejection ro
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 09:26:47 pm »
im guessing ionics ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:06:12 pm »
You have to back flush it daily Im guessing but the membrane won't last long I shouldn't think.

It will all have to go that way if we get water meters.

Steve_c

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:17:22 pm »
0 rejection is the pro 7. Very Very expensive and very temperamental. I have the pro6 which recovers some waste but not all. 60/40 normal down to 80/20 with the roback recovery filter system.

Gary Sherwood

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 10:30:05 pm »
ive got a pro 7 thermopure. it fills up a reservoir with normal tap water, it then cuts off and what ever is in there is then pumped through RO, resin, filters like normal. When the reservoir is empty, it cuts off the circulation through the RO and filters and starts all over again.  Thats the basic gist of it anyway.  It hasnt let me down, the only thing is, it just costs a bit more on resin.
Hope this helps  ;D

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 10:39:21 pm »
You have to back flush it daily Im guessing but the membrane won't last long I shouldn't think.

It will all have to go that way if we get water meters.

Some lads use rain water; it has a low tds anyway; though don't ask me how they collect it and polish the water off.

I know Jeff Brimble and a local guy (and a member of this forum), Elite Mike both use rain water.

mikecam

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 12:08:05 am »
Ben
Theres no such thing as 0% rejection RO, well there is if its broke as it means its rejecting no impurities. You mean zero waste RO system .Even Ionic don't claim there is. They are filtering/recirculating the waste and creating a zero waste pure water making system.But no one has produced or patented a zero waste Reverse Osmosis System, its impossible. Don't mean to sound picky, but its vastly different to 0% waste rejection which is only possible using filtration and with the technology we have at present its not possible for what we want to do. Of course ION resins purify water with no waste and as one Ionics user has noted, their no waste system uses more of it. They claim a sixth filter to remove 'ro damaging impurities', this is removed after its already been through the RO !! Makes me wonder why they never used this filter at the stage before it goes into the RO, but no it filters the waste thats been through the RO. I'd be guessing some sort of resin 'filter'. But its just a guess.

Ste M

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 07:47:20 am »
Ben
Theres no such thing as 0% rejection RO, well there is if its broke as it means its rejecting no impurities. You mean zero waste RO system .Even Ionic don't claim there is. They are filtering/recirculating the waste and creating a zero waste pure water making system.But no one has produced or patented a zero waste Reverse Osmosis System, its impossible. Don't mean to sound picky, but its vastly different to 0% waste rejection which is only possible using filtration and with the technology we have at present its not possible for what we want to do. Of course ION resins purify water with no waste and as one Ionics user has noted, their no waste system uses more of it. They claim a sixth filter to remove 'ro damaging impurities', this is removed after its already been through the RO !! Makes me wonder why they never used this filter at the stage before it goes into the RO, but no it filters the waste thats been through the RO. I'd be guessing some sort of resin 'filter'. But its just a guess.

Mike you need to get out more mate  ;D ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 08:28:06 am »
The Roback filter would need changing a lot I imagine. Cheaper to pay for the extra water than the filters.

Steve_c

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 02:22:46 pm »
No nat the roback last for 200,000 lts

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 02:59:53 pm »
No nat the roback last for 200,000 lts

Surely that depends on the incoming TDS?

mikecam

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 06:23:07 pm »
Ben

Mike you need to get out more mate  ;D ;D
I have to stop meself sometimes Ste, just say No Mike, leave it. This wasn;t one of them times though!! ;D ;D