This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pure_genius

OTT Ergo light water fed poles
« on: August 29, 2003, 10:51:20 pm »
I have had a go with the new Over The Top Ergo light pole, i thought it was fantastic i know they have been in production since the spring.

I tried a 35ft at the federation show anybody tried or using the 60ft ?
OTT claim it to be lighter than a standard 35ft Carbon.  

newlook

Re: OTT Ergo light water fed poles
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 03:40:26 pm »
yes we have one its very good ;)
Peter
NFMWGC 2996

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 08:19:16 pm »
Mines coming mid week, Ionic quote 7.5kg for 8x8 60ft ergolite as against 11.10 kg for the 1x6+4x12 +1x6 60ft universal carbon fibre. This is with their own brush head say weight is about 1kg. I am hoping to put on my own brush for high work I made one thats 6 1/2 onces. I also hope to split the sections down and use them as add ons even though they have "stops to prevent over extending. Its a big expenditure for me and have thought about it for 6 months, but there is no other pole that light that goes that high, even though I have only got a few jobs that need that height, I want to keep ahead of the compettition

telboy

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 04:12:23 pm »
HOW MUCH IS IT JEFF

IS IT COMPATABLE WITH ALL TYPES OF SYSTEMS ???

TELBOY ;)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 07:12:44 pm »
Terry,
Short question longer answer.
It is at that height ,the lightest, there is no competittion. I use Unger poles and wanted to go higher. This will involve adapting the unger elbow top fit the c/fibre. I plan on cutting the small clamp off the top of the no1 section which is I believe glued on. Will lose 1". Then I hope to either
1. sand down the green unger elbow to fit inside the pole and put a jubilee clip round the outside
2. fit a piece of alu no2 section and cone by making 2 expansion cuts to push over the outside of the fibre no1 pole then jubilee, then simply slide a pice of no1 section into the no2 as normal.
My brush and supply pipe 1/4" then goes outside the pole and I can then just add sections.
If it works (expensive if @ £ 1,124.95 - less the price of their brush head ) then it could be made compatible with Unger.Aquatec and Cleantech poles.
For that matter if you could adapt any other pump sytem from the trolley/van mount point to fit a seperate hose and brush then I think Ionic might be selling a few more. :)
I will still use the unger for lower work as it is just as light up to say 30ft.
If it dont work anyone want first refusal on a 60ft ergolite ?  :)

stevekennedy

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 03:05:21 pm »
I'll take it off your hands!  :)

P.S. The pole sections didn't used to have stoppers in them. Perhaps this is a new feature. On my 45ft ergo, the pole sections finish with a brightly red painted area which indicates the pole section is overextended. You can them reduce it a bit and clamp it. You can thus just slide out any unwanted sections. Only thing to watch is that you protect the bottom of each pole section with a butt cap or similar to prevent damage.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 09:24:38 pm »
Think your right about the stops probably got mixed up with one of the other types.
 If you reduce the weight of the brush and bring it nearer the pole by say 3"using a bracket reduction,  will this enable you to over extend the sections slightly because of less leverage ?
What is the wear like on your 45fter

stevekennedy

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 02:22:22 pm »
Not sure about over extending them. I don't think there would be any circumstance under which you could allow an employee to extend the pole beyond the manufacturers safety limits. However, I think there must be quite a big margin for error.

The wear on the pole has been not too bad, but then we don't use it every job. The clamps seem to have more adjustment on them than on regular poles so I am hoping that I will be able to tighten them up every so often. i am also varying the points at which I am tightening so as to avoid clamp wear on sections especially the top two.