This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

I am a woman trying to start up does anyone have any info for gathering enough customers before i start.

12.5%
1 (12.5%)
75%
6 (75%)
12.5%
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Katt

starting up and what to do to get customers
« on: January 27, 2011, 03:02:12 pm »
 :D any info would be great. Many Thanks

Kate2

Re: starting up and what to do to get customers
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 03:09:16 pm »
Sure peeps will come along soon

lyndy

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:26:05 pm »
Hi katt a lot say knock doors and just ask if they need a w/c,we put 10,000 flyers out in one hit,you could do both

PAIN IN THE GLASS

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 04:10:17 pm »
Hi, just go and knock doors. I find people would rather see a face than just a leaflet through the letter box. I'm not saying dont put leaflets through. I now find the best time to catch people in my area  is between 4pm- 6pm before the family sit down for there tea and all part-time workers are back from collecting the kids etc. But whatever suits you.

Jake Kelly

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 04:14:16 pm »

Hi Katt, whereabouts are you based?

Jake

bobby p

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 04:32:05 pm »
find out how much the big firm in your area charges and charge a quid or 2 under . as said above then just get door knocking . if you are going trad  id say it will take you a few months to be at ease up a ladder, you will have to grit your teeth in the early days .
                        best of luck

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 04:36:49 pm »
Hi katt a lot say knock doors and just ask if they need a w/c,we put 10,000 flyers out in one hit,you could do both

Lyndy how many custys did you get from your 10,000 flyers mate..

Kind Regards

Darren
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

prestige cleaners

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 04:39:18 pm »
Women belong in the kitchen!

lyndy

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 04:51:31 pm »
We get about 10-20,and a lot of one off conny roofs,one offs more than pays for the flyers

Scrimble

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 05:24:10 pm »
find out how much the big firm in your area charges and charge a quid or 2 under . as said above then just get door knocking . if you are going trad  id say it will take you a few months to be at ease up a ladder, you will have to grit your teeth in the early days .
                        best of luck

dont underprice to get work  ::) put a few thousand flyers out and get canvassing

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 05:44:15 pm »
Women belong in the kitchen!

Are you related to Andy Gray?  :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 05:54:38 pm »

Door knocking between about 4 pm and 7.30 pm (maybe 8 in summer) will yield the quickest customer yield.  Customers who are obtained this way don't always stick around as long as customers who respond to leaflets but as you are just starting, I assume you want volume for now and unload any messer abouters later?  Leaflets can be OK but if you exceed 1 job per 100 leaflets, you are doing pretty well.  More houses covered more quickly but lower response rate - unless you get lucky and hit a good area at the right time.
You can advertise in various ways but generally, I prefer to do the targetting rather than having the customers target me.  This is because when I do the targetting, I omit to knock or leaflet any properties which clearly have bad access.

A@R WINDOWCLEANING

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 07:31:18 pm »
                        best of luck
i would not under cut that is dirty  before you know it you find yourself working for peanuts ,good luck]

andy1975

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 07:35:02 pm »
hi katt, welcome to the world of window cleaning.obviously its different to see a woman trying this but then ive asked my wife to help me.door knocking is definetly my way,i never did leaflets until fairly recently and discovered it was crap.i recently dressed really smart and knocked some doors and it made the customers eyes really open wide and seemed tolisten what i said,spoke nicely back to me and accepted quite easily

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 07:43:42 pm »
wear a short skirt and hope the fella answers the door . if your an 8 pinter forget the skirt and hope the woman answers the door  ;D

bobby p

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 08:34:33 pm »
                        best of luck
i would not under cut that is dirty  before you know it you find yourself working for peanuts ,good luck]
i didnt mean to canvass the big firms customers,just give a price thats lower at Fresh customers. a lot of these will have used the big firm in the past . Its important to find out the going rate in the town you work before you start out.

Steve CM

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 08:43:28 pm »
                        best of luck
i didnt mean to canvass the big firms customers,just give a price thats lower at Fresh customers. a lot of these will have used the big firm in the past . Its important to find out the going rate in the town you work before you start out.

Why do people think the best way to get business is to undercutt or be cheap. How about offering the customer the service that reflects your price?

prestige cleaners

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 08:52:03 pm »
why cant anyone on here tell when its a windup?

AC Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »
Leaflets are a waste of time,door knocking at peak time-4-7 produces the best results.
It takes a certain type of person to respond to leaflets,il be honest,most of the leaflets that come through my door for roofing/carpets upvc products go in the fire.

Katt

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 08:15:25 am »
Hey thanks for all your replies  :) I'm good with ladders so shouldn't be a problem "i hope"  :P How soon in advance would you knock on doors to when you do the work?