Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Would you have charged extra?
« on: January 24, 2011, 09:43:44 pm »
Did a quote 2 weeks ago. Got the job. Went to do the job today. Upon initial inspection I noticed A LOT of candle wax spillages that were not there on the initial quote. I explained to the customer that as there was alot of candle wax I would have to charge £5 more. They were not happy. They didn't want to pay the extra so explained that a disclaimer would have to be completed. "OK" they said.

Whilst doing the job I thought sod it I would remove the candle wax... so I did. Job done, well so I thought, "Is there any chance while you are here you could do the hall for us?" My response was, "no problem but I will have to charge and extra £15". "OK" they said.

Carpet Dawg

Re: Would you have charged extra?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »
Thats a tricky one. Unless there was lots of candle wax i wouldn't charge extra. But i would make sure they knew about the freebie i gave them!

jasonl

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:51:02 pm »
Smile , clean it , tell them . collect money
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 10:35:04 pm »
I love the could you just run over the rug brigade ::)

Yeah sure could i have my steak  done medium with my next cup of tea ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:12:59 am »
Did a quote 2 weeks ago. Got the job. Went to do the job today. Upon initial inspection I noticed A LOT of candle wax spillages that were not there on the initial quote. I explained to the customer that as there was alot of candle wax I would have to charge £5 more. They were not happy. They didn't want to pay the extra so explained that a disclaimer would have to be completed. "OK" they said.

Whilst doing the job I thought sod it I would remove the candle wax... so I did. Job done, well so I thought, "Is there any chance while you are here you could do the hall for us?" My response was, "no problem but I will have to charge and extra £15". "OK" they said.

I am puzzled about you giving a qoute, as your Web Site says Customer will tell you what they want to pay.

Or do you then tell them what it will really cost? Still more puzzled as your website advertises a hall for £5

ianharper

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 09:25:32 am »
Monty

time is money, as they say.

having different levels of service takes care of these issues. by having spot removal on say a basic service and stain removal on another. it takes product and time to deal with stains so the price should be more.

If you are pricing stain removal in your services then people that dont have them are paying for something they don't get, in my view

Just like someone that vacs and empty's a room why should they pay the same as someone that does not?

Respect

Ian Harper

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 11:31:41 am »
I was doing a job the other day for a "Run over the rug" type.... He said,"oh, there's just a little pee stain in the kids room, can you give it a quick once over?"

"It'll cost you £20 extra!"

"Erm, well just leave it then....!" ::)

derek west

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 11:36:07 am »
i'd of done the same as monty and i would of done the wee stain for nothing col, ive plenty of time on my hands and i'm never fully booked, so until i am fully booked i will basically bend over backwards for my customers providing i like them that is.

a free wee stain and wax removal is a free referal and a customer for life.

garyfindlay

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 11:58:53 am »
Some are just trying it on, would you say to an electrician, "could you just add a socket on this wall mate", and expect him to say no bother. But if she was a tidy burd, i`d do it for nothing ;D

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 01:46:08 pm »

I am puzzled about you giving a qoute, as your Web Site says Customer will tell you what they want to pay.

Or do you then tell them what it will really cost? Still more puzzled as your website advertises a hall for £5

Oh :-\

We do actually go out and do quotes from our other advertising methods. We do actually get some high tickets aswell. The internet is used just to top up our bookings and keeps a nice cash flow.

Paul W Jones

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 02:22:36 pm »
I love the rug brigade too!  Did a job just before Christmas, an average size lounge, and the lady asked if I would clean a rug for her which she said herself was in desperate need of a clean.  I cleaned the rug first and then went onto the lounge. When I'd finished I got my receipt book out and said "shall we say just £10 for the rug?".  Silence. "Err, yes, okay alright".  You try walking into Tesco and saying "I've changed my mind I'll just take an extra bottle of wine if you don't mind!"

Colin Day

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 04:23:59 pm »
i'd of done the same as monty and i would of done the wee stain for nothing col, ive plenty of time on my hands and i'm never fully booked, so until i am fully booked i will basically bend over backwards for my customers providing i like them that is.

a free wee stain and wax removal is a free referal and a customer for life.

I'd already cleaned 2 rugs extra mate, this guy was just pushing it!!!

derek west

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 04:43:54 pm »
i'd of charged him for the rugs.

brencarpetman

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 10:48:04 pm »
Just going back to the candle wax, I find the best thing for it is the old hair dryer.
Got that one of good old Kim & Aggie, there you go my tip for the day, also find it comes in handy if the bird is fit, just get it out and get the old gruaig looking it's best(:

Bren.
Go on da Leeds

Matt Lindus

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 06:08:05 pm »
I now charge extra for hand jobs. Customers just expect things for nothing.

How long will this post last, I recon 30mins.

Robert Watson

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 06:17:26 pm »
 ;D Not as good as your tramp and coffee post Matt  ;D
The Kitchen Door Centre

Matt Lindus

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 09:24:14 pm »
3hrs and 10 mins. Is mike on holiday. ;D