This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil Gornall

gardiners pole users
« on: January 15, 2011, 07:11:15 pm »
Used my Super-Lite 51 today for the first time, I have to say, I love it!

However i do have a small problem.
No matter how hard I tried I could not get the Aluminium gooseneck to stay tightly screwed onto the small adapter that fits the 1st section.
As I was working it was constantly working loose, at one point the whole head fell off and dropped 45ft to the ground. (Fortunately I was able to grab the hose and slow its decent so no damage)

Anyone else had this? If so how do you deal with it?

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: gardiners pole users
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:14:42 pm »
I find I have to "wiggle" it as I'm screwing it on. When I think it's tight, I wiggle again just to make sure. I know what you mean, don't just assume it's screwed on fully. ;)

combat1

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 07:17:19 pm »
I bought  a clx pole and this has happened a couple of times. Fantastic pole though.
Probably me needs to tighten it a bit more! I am going to wrap some ptfe tape around the thread and see if that sorts it

chopsie

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 07:19:56 pm »
My mk2 aqua-dapter kept coming loose on the thread thing. I was advised to wrap electrical tape around the threads instead of PTFE, and it did the job. Maybe this would help.
chopsie

brianbarber

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 07:20:27 pm »
They advised me to use a little electrical tape wrapped around the metal screw thread, that will cure the problem

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

trevor perry

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 07:21:00 pm »
put some PTF tape on the thread before screwing it on if you have no PTF tape normal tape woll do
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 07:48:08 pm »
I went on Gardiners site recently and just thought 'crikey' he's gone and done it again.Every time i go on there he has new and innovative products.I would say that almost single handedly he's rewritten our industry and changed the way we do things in the last three years.His latest new product is a carbon fibre goose neck that gives you reach at height.

Most of the guys on here who know whats what seem to use gardiners poles, they're cheaper and they're better designed.But the guy just keeps coming up with new stuff all the time- he's like apple, everytime you turn around he's invented something new, or better, or lighter. Better poles, better brushes means easier work for us and higher earnings because we can work faster and for longer without tireing.Plus constant innovation keeps the job interesting.

Thank goodess for Gardiners.

Lee GLS

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 07:50:39 pm »
So really slumps he is probably 3 years ahead of you  ;)

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 07:56:57 pm »
Lets just call it a tie for first place.

No, i think he's out on his own.It's a pity he doesn't come on forums anymore.

Neil Gornall

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 07:59:28 pm »
Thanks guys, I had figured that using tape was maybe the best option. I will give it a go.

Apart from that small issue I love the pole.

scud

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 08:06:42 pm »
  Neil, you told me how much that pole was. I would play merry hell if the damn thing was falling apart the first day I used it and needed me to tape it up!

Brodex all the way!

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 08:17:20 pm »
Titter  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

stevenpaulmatthews

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 08:17:59 pm »
Neil im so glad you started this thread as we are in need of a new 50 - 60 ft pole and are really tempted by the super-lite

how good are they?

ive just been watching the you tube vids and it look awesome

luther1

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 08:18:29 pm »
put some PTF tape on the thread before screwing it on if you have no PTF tape normal tape woll do

The best way.

Mine was spinning 50ft up,quite nice when you spend £800! If it screwed all the way down then there probably wouldn't be a problem.

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 08:18:42 pm »
I went on Gardiners site recently and just thought 'crikey' he's gone and done it again.Every time i go on there he has new and innovative products.I would say that almost single handedly he's rewritten our industry and changed the way we do things in the last three years.His latest new product is a carbon fibre goose neck that gives you reach at height.

Most of the guys on here who know whats what seem to use gardiners poles, they're cheaper and they're better designed.But the guy just keeps coming up with new stuff all the time- he's like apple, everytime you turn around he's invented something new, or better, or lighter. Better poles, better brushes means easier work for us and higher earnings because we can work faster and for longer without tireing.Plus constant innovation keeps the job interesting.

Thank goodess for Gardiners.

Slumpy you're so two faced!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 09:35:22 pm »
Well perhaps i am being modest about the three year thing. Gardiners are of course way in front technicaly of all the other suppliers.But on occasion they can be finessed by the odd detail.Let me give you an example.Here is a pic of two superlite brushes, one has the standard 3mm wiring with the white plastic tee, as supplied, sometimes known as 'stupid', and the other has the 6mm black push fit configuration, sometimes known as doing the job properly.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 09:42:42 pm »
whopppieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that agreat idea slumpy,just wished i thought of that,

that even you milllions thinking like that. ;D ;D ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 10:03:21 pm »
  Neil, you told me how much that pole was. I would play merry hell if the damn thing was falling apart the first day I used it and needed me to tape it up!

Brodex all the way!

It's not falling apart at all. He's NOT screwed the goosneck on properly! ::)

There is no need to tape it up either, you just have to make sure it's screwed ALL the way on! Mine did the same but I was experienced enough to realise that the neck was not fully screwed on when it first "nipped up". A quick wiggle released this "nip" to then be fully screwed on.

I've used mine at 60ft, lift from ground at 40ft, clean one handed at 40ft & never has the goosneck fallen off or even come loose!

A superb piece of kit the SL2 that puts you ahead of the competition at those heights & makes life SOOOOO much easier above 35ft!! ;)

Neil Gornall

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 11:56:42 am »

Brodex all the way!

There is no need to tape it up either, you just have to make sure it's screwed ALL the way on! Mine did the same but I was experienced enough to realise that the neck was not fully screwed on when it first "nipped up". A quick wiggle released this "nip" to then be fully screwed on.

I've used mine at 60ft, lift from ground at 40ft, clean one handed at 40ft & never has the goosneck fallen off or even come loose!

A superb piece of kit the SL2 that puts you ahead of the competition at those heights & makes life SOOOOO much easier above 35ft!! ;)
Experienced AND patronising!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 12:07:34 pm »

Brodex all the way!

Experienced AND patronising!

Thanks Neil, you're welcome, don't worry about the time I spent replying to try & sort your problem mate. ::)

Experienced as in- yes I know what you mean, it happened to me a few times (that's the experience bit) here's what I did to solve the problem. NO, I didn't dismiss your purchase as a bad one & tell you that you should have shopped elsewhere etc.

I'll go even further for your sake- if you do tape up the thread & it is still not screwed on fully you still risk it coming loose & falling off!

Beggars belief sometimes ::)