Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

laddermonkee

doorknockers any good.
« on: January 13, 2011, 02:56:48 pm »
Has anyone had any experience of using a canvessing company called doorknockers, i have been in contact with Paul bass he seems ok.
'Ladders isn't a shiner he's between jobs'

S

Re: doorknockers any good.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 02:31:43 pm »

I know Paul Bass. Don't touch him with a barge pole. Everyone seems nice when you first met them. Normally till they get your money. Paul is no different.  From personal experience. other people on here will say the same.

jaggy snake

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 04:53:49 pm »
same as above still owes me money from cancellations because his sales people are pushy and say the custy wants it doing every month but really they just wanted a quote and he "loses work leads"  but its  more like he doesnt even do them in the first place stay well away 

S

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 09:56:11 pm »

I think he owes windowwashers, quit a lot of money too

Taylor & Taylor WC Services

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 10:33:37 am »
Pleased I read this thread!!! I rang them a month ago.

Steve CM

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 11:02:15 am »
same as above still owes me money from cancellations because his sales people are pushy and say the custy wants it doing every month but really they just wanted a quote and he "loses work leads"  but its  more like he doesnt even do them in the first place stay well away 

Same as!

I would keep your money before it gets wasted

marccope

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 09:52:39 pm »
same as, nice enough guy but nice dont build your business you will always be chasing replacement work untill you cut your losses best guy whos been on here is George who ill still be using this year  that'll be 2 years this summer if not then put a local ad for someone with door to door sales experience and pay on acheivement 1 to 2 times the clean price set a cap  on each night and book to clean the nxt day taking details of each customer so you can check if need be you could also delay first few payments untill cleans complete once you find the right person its straight forward expect some to drop off but as long as you keep 50% + long term it works hope this is helpful.
Marc

laddermonkee

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 03:25:46 pm »
Thanks for the replies they have been really helpful.

laddermonkee

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 03:28:49 pm »
same as, nice enough guy but nice dont build your business you will always be chasing replacement work untill you cut your losses best guy whos been on here is George who ill still be using this year  that'll be 2 years this summer if not then put a local ad for someone with door to door sales experience and pay on acheivement 1 to 2 times the clean price set a cap  on each night and book to clean the nxt day taking details of each customer so you can check if need be you could also delay first few payments untill cleans complete once you find the right person its straight forward expect some to drop off but as long as you keep 50% + long term it works hope this is helpful.
Marc
Thanks for the detailed reply Marc, this bloke George whom you use does he canvess the west london area.

Andy Foster

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 09:26:15 pm »
Marc

George owes me over £700 and I have taken him to court as he has stolen money from me... be VERY careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 09:44:55 pm »
Marc

George owes me over £700 and I have taken him to court as he has stolen money from me... be VERY careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dam..... is that the difference in the drop outs which he didnt sort you out? or money you payed him?

Andy Foster

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 09:52:48 pm »
Both. Plus court fees.

marccope

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 09:10:19 pm »
sorry to hear that Andy,
Id say my second suggestion would be best then an make sure you dont pay up front and keep the amounts small say 100 to 150 when thats cleaned and paid canvass again and deduct any drop offs from what you owe nxt an if you can agree to pay the first few canvassing bills after youve cleaned them there wont be much risk an if there booked to do the nxt day the canvasser wont have to wait long for the money once your comfortable with them you can decide if to pay on day or keep it after

Ricky M

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 04:40:54 pm »
Not herd of the company mentioned so I cant comment but I wud say this best thing to do is bring in ur own canas and train them ur self and you know what they will say as you have primed them.

we are just bringing a few ppl through and test drove it b4 xmas with great results.

if anyone wants any tips on this type of pro active marketing send me an e-mail.

I have some scripts, training programs and pay scales.

spent 9 years with in this pro active industry, started as a canna and worked up to national training mgr so Ive a little exp in this field 

ricky@ability1975.co.uk
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Taylor & Taylor WC Services

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 07:30:03 pm »
Ricky,

Wouldn't mind picking your brains sometime with regards to the rates? I have a script that I use that is successful for me but interested to know what you use and your training plan?

Stevie G

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 07:58:06 pm »

I think he owes windowwashers, quit a lot of money too

oh ian, if its true i tried to warn you about 3 years ago on matts site. paul bass tried to get
himself noticed on there. i used him about 5 years ago over xmas time.
i could go on about all stuff he tried on with me but the bit that really
got me was ringing my customers telling them not to pay me as it was his
(part of) round and he then sold it to some other poor mug.
ive got to say it sh%t anyway so good luck to the fella.

anyhow paul if your still on here come and try to defend yourself again ::)
 again and again and.........ive been with trading standards now
for the past couple of years if any of you want to pass on anything
of intrest regarding the way he operates or moneies your owed
email me and if its regarding doorknockers or paul bass ill pass
it on. ill not promise anything but as i say ill pass it on.

all the best.

S

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 05:32:54 pm »

I used to work for P Bass on and off.  I know how some of his canvassers work.  But I must say when some canvassers  have been knocking on doors for a few hours, and only get 1 or 2 cussies. They will say things they should not, to try and get more cussies. Mostly because they need the money.

I left, with him oweing me money has a canvassr. The bloke is a slim-ball.

Stevie G

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 12:33:53 pm »
does anyone know the last time doorknockers  done any work.
if you've had a bad time dealing with doorknockers just post it on here.
im not the old bill ;D just cleaner who's a member of fair trading
and yes i want to stop the nasty little man ripping us off.
i can go back other last few years and find old threads
there are plenty of them believe me.
so if you find any guys pls put the link up.

thanks
stevie g.

Steve CM

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 03:10:03 pm »
i put nearly 8k through Paul Bass and had my troubles but initially no-where near as bad, but in the later stages they got worse.

They sign people up that just want a quote and pass them off as genuine signups. Promise conservatory roofs to be cleaned when they shouldn't. not tell them you use WFP. The guys he used can speak english and are really pushy on the door.

I owed Paul nearly 800 quid for some sign ups but held it back as i smelt a rat! then by the time i wittled down all the crap i'd been given i think i was out of pocket just under a hundred quid so not bad. it could of been a whole lot worse. He used to say things like "i can't understand this, i don't have this many cancellations or problems with other window cleaners." I have since spoke to about 8 unlucky people that have dealt with him and some of them have been ripped off far more than me.

Slippery See you next Tuesday

George Gardner

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 08:15:44 pm »
@Ricky M

Seems to good to be true! Id love anything you have that could help me in door knocking. PM me if you want - thanks in advance.

George  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)