This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Topclean

shurflow pressure switch
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:29:28 pm »
I think i saw somewhere on here that someone bought a pressure switch from maplins? does anybody no if maplins do them , i have looked on there site but couldnt find them.

andyM

Re: shurflow pressure switch
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 02:29:48 pm »
Its a Maplins low cost standard microswitch product number GW71N that you need. They do 3 different types you want the standard one with no lever or roller. 
One of the Plebs

Topclean

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 05:32:52 pm »
thanks ajm,

How do they work then, they look different?

andyM

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 05:43:12 pm »
The Maplins micro switch has got 3 terminals and the original shurflo pressure switch has only got 2 terminals.
Just use the top and bottom terminals on the new switch and forget about the middle one.
By the way the maplin switch terminals are slightly wider so you will also need to buy bigger spade connectors to fit over the terminals.
One of the Plebs

Topclean

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 05:54:10 pm »
Thanks again AJM, so am i right in thinking this dosnt actually attach to the pump other than the wires?
apoligies for all the questions.

andyM

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 06:10:27 pm »
Thanks again AJM, so am i right in thinking this dosnt actually attach to the pump other than the wires?
apoligies for all the questions.

Ok, what I would suggest is buy your micro switch and then you will know what size spade connectors you need to buy to fit.
Snip the old connectors off and crimp your new ones on to the cables, but make sure you know beforehand which terminals they go back on to.
The microswitch on your shurflo pump is sat in the plastic housing located on the top of the pump.
You have to take the screws out to release it from the pump, then use a small flat screwdriver to prise the microswitch out. Be careful you dont lose the small spring that might pop out.
Put the new microswitch in and put it all back together.   
One of the Plebs

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 06:11:46 pm »
Topclean,
Once you unscrew the switch housing from the pump, you will see the micro switch that you replace. Easy done. But as AJM says, you need bigger spade connectors, so you will need to cut the originals off and fit the new ones to the wires. I would solder them, or you can buy a crimping tool to do it.
If you are unsure, anyone with electronic experience will help you, ie car radio fitter, TV repairer, etc.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Topclean

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 06:18:22 pm »
O.K thanks ajm and spruce, that all makes sense now. :)