This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick W

amtico flooring and taps
« on: January 05, 2011, 04:35:39 pm »
Hi does anyone have any tips of how to clean amtico flooring? I know you can buy dedicated chemicals?

Also does anyone have tips for making old basin taps shine other than just using a stainless steel cleaning product? With old stained taps is it pretty much impossible to make them shiny again?

Pristine Clean

Re: amtico flooring and taps
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:21:55 am »
Hi Nick,

Depends on the state of the taps in question.

I assume they still have the chrome left on?

There are a couple of options available.

You could try bar keepers friend. Or you could try Loobrite - Yes its a toilet cleaner but it is safe on stainless steel and brings up sinks, taps up great and removes the limescale especially around the base of the taps.

Act, or STC will do the same as Loobrite

With regards to the Amtico flooring, Is it in a bad state? Generally a damp wipe, microfibre is fine. I have even mopped and no issues. - There are several types of Amtico so depends whta you have some have a seal on so you could even buff the floor - There nothing to be frightened of.

If you want a dedicated product http://www.birbek.com/categories/amtico-maintenance--cleaning.html

On the other hand if you are maintaining it I will assume you are stripping it and applying a new seal if so I hope you have charged the right price as it can be tricky if you have not done them before.

You are just down the road from us.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Nick W

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 11:32:34 am »
thanks dave

the amtico is v dirty. can you advise what is tricky about cleaning amtico?

Pristine Clean

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 03:08:39 pm »
thanks dave

the amtico is v dirty. can you advise what is tricky about cleaning amtico?

Hi Nick

Cleaning it is not an issue. Stripping  & Laying a new seal can be if you have not done it before
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"