Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

If there was an app for the iphone / itouch would you use it/buy it

Yes without a doubt
54.9%
39 (54.9%)
No im not up with computers
5.6%
4 (5.6%)
Undecided
9.9%
7 (9.9%)
Depends on cost
23.9%
17 (23.9%)
whats an iphone?
5.6%
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Chris Cottrell

Cleaners software for the iphone
« on: January 02, 2011, 08:42:06 pm »
Is anyone doing an app for the iphone?

cos I really want an iphone now that I bought the wife one for xmas

Re: Cleaners software for the iphone
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 09:05:52 pm »
Do you mean specifically for window cleaning?

mark blundell

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 09:11:18 pm »
the best phone iv'e ever had iv'e had most of the other makes and they just don't compare

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 09:17:37 pm »
Do you mean specifically for window cleaning?

Yes I mean round management software like Window Cleaner Pro or George - not specifically for window cleaning though it could be uesd for other trades too (Gardiners, Milk rounds etc )

Skyglide

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 09:51:06 pm »
Agree with Mark. Iphone 4. Get a decent cover for it like 'Otterbox'.
It's the sort of thing you think "I've never needed this before, it's just the latest toy."
Put any apps on it to suit you and customise your own phone.
Believe me, you will regard all other phones as dinosaurs after you get one.

I asked about any window cleaning apps last month on here - there are none at present, but hopefully 2011 will produce some.

premier window cleaners

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 10:18:51 pm »
we've been looking into developing an app for almost a year  now
The problem with apps is Apple take 30% of all sales.

The solution we have come up with is to develop a free app.
The catch would be have the main data internet based and charge a monthly/annual subscription and use the app mainly for round management for your week ahead.

What do you think? Any feedback appreciated.

Jonathan

ian1972

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 10:26:19 pm »
There is styletap which alowes u to run any palm os Upto 5.2 I think,however you need to jailbreak the phone and the app is 49 dollars thereis a 14 day trail period,I did look at getting it but to b honest I don't fancy jailbreaking phone

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 10:35:36 pm »
The catch would be have the main data internet based and charge a monthly/annual subscription and use the app mainly for round management for your week ahead.

Jonathan

What does it matter if Apple charge 30%? Apps aren't that expensive anyway.

Id rather pay for an app directly at the point of sale than have to continually keep paying month after month. Surely that would prove to be expensive. Of course it would suit you but I'll stick to my pen and paper; additionally I'd rather not keep my business details on a remote server (yours) especially on one that could easily be construed as being that of a competitors ;@)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 10:42:39 pm »
I would just like something along the lines of Wcp or George but on an iphone with the desktop application

JoeMax

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 10:48:04 pm »
So it doesn't have to be an app.. it could be 'just online'.. like webmail..

mark blundell

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 10:57:20 pm »

Jonathan

What does it matter if Apple charge 30%? Apps aren't that expensive anyway.

Id rather pay for an app directly at the point of sale than have to continually keep paying month after month. Surely that would prove to be expensive. Of course it would suit you but I'll stick to my pen and paper; additionally I'd rather not keep my business details on a remote server (yours) especially on one that could easily be construed as being that of a competitors ;@)

agreed don't think i would want details like that online. would you custys want you putting there name address phone no ect online?

JoeMax

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 11:16:55 pm »
Most data is online these days.

formb

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 11:45:43 pm »
Apple charge 30%?

Do google rip people off in this manner with widgets?

JoeMax

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 01:31:18 am »
I could have something similar to Window Cleaning Pro and George, that is accessible online, and eventually through an iPhone for about £400 max.

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 09:57:15 am »
Hi to all, we have just had some business management service developed that runs through the net (web based) but we have got the area managers using it through an app on iPhones, the field staff use it on cheap phones that can go on the net and use a styles just because I didn't fancy buying 30 iPhones but it is best on iPhone.

Still in the early stages of testing but when it's perfect we do plan to bring it to the Market, I guess if there us a lot of interest I will work on it a bit faster

wightsurf

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 08:21:25 pm »
How about the Andriod , competitor to the iphone and talk of it being better.
There is already web based software out there (cloud) stuff but i'm not to keen on it neither.I would like to have a sofware app on the phone along the lines of wcp or george.
I think the closest thing is round tracker . I'm sure this can be run on a phone.

clarkson

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 08:39:17 pm »

Hi
  I have iphone 4 and actually dont get on with it for calls email and data management as well as i did on blackberry.

but i have yet to find the perfect software support for wc on any platform. when i last looked at wcp there was no debtors list for wc lite so i wouldnt use it. goerge is good and cheap but i dont want to clunk around a 5 year old palm on the round? why they wont make this available on i phone and android i dont know i would buy it in flash. i looked at midas its good but pricey. Steve lowe has service ceo which is good apparantly but way to involved for most of us and horrendously expensive.

i am playing with scheduling manager by  thoughful systems at the minute it is good but very involved.

any new suggestions would be great.

cheers

john

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 10:19:38 pm »
I find it amazing that with all the software out there for various different things that you can count on one hand the amount for our industry and these seem to be either basic spreadsheet design, relient on older technology, or worse discontinued

Can it be so hard to design an application for an iPhone

wightsurf

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 11:06:29 pm »
I just had a look for a price guid to have a iphone app built , they charge about $150. per the hr for a good Programer  :o
Andriod is open source runs linux and mac by the looks of it , i would say best chance is have one built for the Andriod, still looking at a lot of dosh though  :(
Maybe get a price and a group of peeps together and see what we could come up with  ::)
What price for this app would you be willing to pay thats the real issue.
You not going to get it for £6. though  ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 11:42:34 pm »
I'd pay similar prices to Wcp if it had all the right features