Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

If there was an app for the iphone / itouch would you use it/buy it

Yes without a doubt
54.9%
39 (54.9%)
No im not up with computers
5.6%
4 (5.6%)
Undecided
9.9%
7 (9.9%)
Depends on cost
23.9%
17 (23.9%)
whats an iphone?
5.6%
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Sean Dyer

Re: Cleaners software for the iphone
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2012, 09:55:44 am »
HAs anyone got any update on this??

Can we get wcp on an iphone or similar programme, without paying £30 a month

Cliff perkins

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2012, 02:14:31 pm »
Dunno but when you know let me know   ;D
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

brianbarber

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2012, 07:49:44 pm »
I use server based system, they charge £60 per annum if ou don't want automatic email invoices going out, which I don't.

www.collectmyround.co.uk

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

johnwillan

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2012, 10:00:09 pm »
Aworka now have a mobile version which works off line i.e. you don't need a signal. It's similar to the original George PDA application in so much as you sync (via wi-fi or 3g) as required.

At present you can access yesterday, today and tomorrow's planned work, add, skip or delete jobs from the planner, view customer & job details, access and update debts list.

I believe there are several planned additions such as entering new customers, emailing invoices etc, but even without these it works very well.

I moved from George sometime ago, not easy when George is so good and so cheap but find the benefits Aworka provides easily justify the £10 per month.

Hope this helps.

John

Ps. It was Paul from George who introduced me to Aworka which goes to show what an good guy he is.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2012, 11:05:29 pm »
Aworka now have a mobile version which works off line i.e. you don't need a signal. It's similar to the original George PDA application in so much as you sync (via wi-fi or 3g) as required.

At present you can access yesterday, today and tomorrow's planned work, add, skip or delete jobs from the planner, view customer & job details, access and update debts list.

I believe there are several planned additions such as entering new customers, emailing invoices etc, but even without these it works very well.

I moved from George sometime ago, not easy when George is so good and so cheap but find the benefits Aworka provides easily justify the £10 per month.

Hope this helps.

John

Ps. It was Paul from George who introduced me to Aworka which goes to show what an good guy he is.

Well thats a step in the right direction  ...  if only this couild have happened a few weeks ago whilst I was using the trial period and not now that its ended   :(

H S and Son

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2012, 11:45:06 pm »
Its worth it Chris, its all going in the right direction. Very pleased with Aworka now.

Window Washers

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:02 pm »
Its worth it Chris, its all going in the right direction. Very pleased with Aworka now.
you got a link for them Matt ? and do they give free trial ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

johnwillan

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2012, 08:39:53 pm »
Hi Chris give Chris a call/email I'm sure he'll be happy to extend the trial

johnwillan

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2012, 08:42:03 pm »
Hi Ian it's Aworka.com and they do a 6 week trail, any questions mail Chris he's very helpful and easy going. John

Sean Dyer

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2012, 08:24:56 am »
Is Aworka easy to use on iphone 4

Can i change from wcp easily ie transfer the data?? as a cpu programme i love wcp but its crap that i cant take it on my phone , wish i stayed with george pocket but that only works on turdy old palms

H S and Son

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2012, 08:40:56 am »
you got a link for them Matt ? and do they give free trial ?

6 weeks free.

http://www.aworka.com/

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2012, 03:37:40 pm »
No point in getting an iphone. So many better phones out there, much much better. There needs to be software for Android.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2012, 07:15:43 pm »
No point in getting an iphone. So many better phones out there, much much better. There needs to be software for Android.

i've got one free on my upgrade and love it!

Cant see too many better phones?

johnwillan

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2012, 07:38:20 pm »
Sean, Chris at Aworka can transfer all the data for you.

Tim,  Aworka is a web based application that uses the phones cache, it should work on all smartphone platforms including Android

George Systems

« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2012, 10:03:09 am »
Hi Guys

Have  you had a look at at GeorgeOnline here:

http://www.george.aworka.co.uk

I think it has an iPhone app.

Paul

mister bit

« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2012, 10:34:44 am »
Just doing some research and there's some free stuff based on Wordpress Joomla Drupal and the like you can host on your own webspace ...... all free of charge. I'm giving that a go I'll let you know how I get on.

H S and Son

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2012, 10:46:18 am »
Have you got a link?

Walter Pole

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2012, 11:35:06 am »
Hi Guys

Have  you had a look at at GeorgeOnline here:

Paul

How do get in without already being registered as the home screen asks for login details?

taking panes to exceed expectations

mister bit

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2012, 11:54:02 am »
I am a bit of a geek in my spare time and if you want something off the shelf then this won't be for you but it seems quite doable to host every thing yourself and just use your webspace to do it all - enquiries payment round management everything. Front end gui and back end for analytics etc

Anyway it seems to me that all these phone apps mentioned are just CRM (customer relationship management) type programs. They have been about for years, you can buy them or download torrents if that's your bag. there are versions for microsoft, quickbooks and sage which is brilliant because you can tie them to your accounts contacts diary and any other databases you may have so that's the office computer sorted then - may even work on windows based phones? You'll just need to spend some time setting it up for you.

Then I wondered if Google were doing one of their freebie online ones to go with all their other online software (app) which would be good for android based phones ... (unfortunately I'm a Nokia fan they make brilliant phones n900 at the mo 64gig linux based open source fast as fluff brilliant!) ... never got that far with it all but somebody probably has on one of the open source coding hubs on the net (this is where most of it originates anyway) sites like https://github.com/ for code and better gitorious.org/ for the gui's.

Just take the bits you want employ a coder from the Indian sub-continent for £30 (easy online) buy a server and host it all from there bit of marketing/advertising on forums and watch the money roll in while your out window cleaning.

Never got that far with it because I found the open source thing for Wordpress Joomla Drupal so it can all just be integrated into your own website and you can just use it on the fly whichever phone/computer your using (they only have a short life before a better one becomes available anyway). The back end will be maintained by the Wordpress Drupal Joomla community because of all the bloggers wanting to be on different platforms. Lots of work to do on it but nothing ventured nothing gained and it'll be like my little project if anyone is interested in being a bit geeky let me know how you get on maybe it'll be fantastic maybe crap  ;D

Cutting a long story short the link is http://civicrm.org/ and you'll probably need to start reading up on some php/mysql

I use George on a Palm m130 by the way and by the time you've waded through this Google will probably have free software up online in the cloud which would render this whole post useless but you did ask and it is Saturday morning missus at the shop!

Best of luck!

H S and Son

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2012, 12:01:56 pm »
Hi Guys

Have  you had a look at at GeorgeOnline here:

Paul

How do get in without already being registered as the home screen asks for login details?

You click sign-up bit like you have to do when using an internet forum.