Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: My pump doesn`t stay stopped
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2010, 12:35:01 am »
he dosnt have a v2 controler read first post its a brodex

Well thats the adjustments i have been playing with ,i have settings a to f and have set it each time on a different one(switched off then on for that setting to be stored),then on each setting i have adjusted the flow rate to the least and then the highest(,the pump behaves exactly the same on any combination of settings.Does seem other people have the same behaviour and the bloke at Brodex said its normal, but is it? Its not brodex kit,its a shurflo pump and digi-varistream with brodex written on it.

Who do you think supplies Brodex?? ;D ;D

It was apparent early on that the unit was a re badged V2 varistream.

Read my post "reply 14" unit monitoring was suggested by me on the first page.

Sean OP

Hope it's now sorted for you. ;)

But I haven't got any spare breath for the purpose of educating pork!

No good knocking if there's no one in!

I'm out. ::)

dai

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2010, 01:09:38 pm »

I think quite a of us have had problems during the extremely cold conditions we have recently had.
The first problem is that the Varistream was never designed to work with micro bore hose. This was confirmed when Williamses invalidated the guarantee for the V if it was used with this small bore stuff.
The v2 measures the draw of the amps and responds, cold water being thicker will cause the V2 to shut off sooner, because the amp draw needs to be higher to pump it.
I have had to re-adjust mine a few times because as the day warmed up the water got a bit thinner, and I was getting too much pressure.
Another thing that will affect the V2 is the distance you are working from the hose reel, water runs a lot more freely through a 100 meters layed out flat, than it would through 10 meters with 90 left on the reel.
It's a total waste of time giving other people your V2 settings, as settings have to be tuned to your own system.
A surflow pump with the pressure switch bypassed as it should be, no matter if that pump was originally 60 or 100psi, will pressurise up to 130 psi with the V2 running at max. that is serious and connector damaging pressure.
I don't believe the auto compensating spiel either. it may work with 6mm I/D pole hose, but won't with 4mm I/D Algarde hose. I know this for a fact after having the pump stop when lifting the pole to do the third floor.

I have only had the pump cycle if I have had air in the system, or had a small leak somewhere, and working with too much pressure is a sure way to find leaks.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2010, 07:22:31 pm »
so after 5 pages of info did he get the pump to work ;D ;D :P :P :P

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2010, 10:10:51 pm »
so after 5 pages of info did he get the pump to work ;D ;D :P :P :P

There was nowt wrong wi' it in the first place Franky!!! ;D ;D

stephen.b1

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2010, 12:01:28 am »