This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Staybright

Yellow Pages !!
« on: January 09, 2004, 03:31:38 pm »
Hi Guys

Happy new year an all that Jazz !

Just wondering if you could help me out, I'm thinking of advertising in the yellow pages but just really want to know if it's actually worth it? do you really get quality calls? if so roughly how many a month? and from whats size add/cost? only reason I ask is that im trying to go on me own as my boss works me like a dog with very little rewards.

cheers

;)

paul

Re: Yellow Pages !!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 05:10:02 pm »
THE FED DOES A DEAL WITH YELLOW PAGES IF YOUR A MEMBER BUT I FOUND THE LOCAL ADVERTISING DIRECTORY MUCH BETTER THAN YELLOW PAGES ???

denzle

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 05:40:28 pm »
Staybright,
You are too late for this years Yellow Pages as it comes out in a few days time. It has all ways done me well and brings in some good work as well as a few price shoppers. You will pay a lot to go in under a decent sized advert, probably between £300 - £500 depending on the size of advert. They will give you a decent discount on your first year though.
As Paul said you can go in under the federation heading but i don't know what the cost of that is.
I know i keep harping on about it but a well sign written vehicle will bring you in loads of work and its advertising your service 24/7 everywhere you go.
You could also go door knocking, your either good at it or your not ( I'm not ) but if you are that should keep the work coming in.
Are you on a non compete contract with your present firm because you could have problems canvassing the areas he already has ?
Denzle

Majestic

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 06:14:13 pm »
I have done ok with Yellow Pages , have had quite a bit of work from it. but there are only a couple of window cleaners in my area that are in it .Have you looked in your local yellow pages how many other window cleaners are in it . If you join the Nat Fed you get a discount for a add in the YP under the federation box . I have just been quoted a price of £78 plus another £15 per extra line . 8)

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 08:35:32 pm »
Staybright,
You are too late for this years Yellow Pages as it comes out in a few days time.

I have a feeling that the Yellow pages comes out at different times in different areas - I would double check before you dismiss it for that reason.

From what others have said here the best way seems to be leaflets and / or knocking on doors!

Regards

Mike

wrighty

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 11:48:18 pm »
Mike is right the yellow pages does come out at different intervals in different areas because I advertise my other businesses in various regions and they start in different months so check it out.  As for advertising or getting more work I think flyers, door knocking and a good tidy van which is signwritten would be a credit to you but number one I would say a great job well done and word of mouth.

I hope this helps

Craig

Staybright

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2004, 03:01:34 pm »

Wow thanks guys for the great response !!

I'm not under any contract so I can canvass, I do think this is a good way to gain business but was just checking out other avenues. I will find out when the YP dead line is for my area as it seems like a good investment.
Also this Fed thing is that The NFMWC? as I think I may as well join as it seems to have good benifits.

Once again thanks !
;D

Soupy

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 01:36:31 pm »
Nah, I reckon you're wasting your time bud.

;D

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 02:30:07 pm »
The only yellow pages I see now are from where the dog p!sses over the floor  :-\

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 02:50:26 pm »
Your both wasting your time too.   This thread is 15 years old
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

zesty

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 03:23:07 pm »
How in the world has this thread from 4 million years ago reappeared?

🤷🏻‍♂️

deeege

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 03:41:30 pm »
Your both wasting your time too.   This thread is 15 years old

Yellow pages is about as relevant now as it was 15 years ago, complete waste of money.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 03:51:47 pm »
They dont even print the book anymore.

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 03:57:49 pm »
 ;D ;D

Soupy was bored I imagine
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 09:04:03 am »
;D ;D

Soupy was bored I imagine

Having a Lazarus moment I guess.
It's a game of three halves!