This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: Question about heating elements..
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2010, 11:00:10 pm »
That was just a guess, but the sides are thicker than the plastic on the screw cap. Doesn't matter how thick it is once you chamfer the inside it's thin enough to screw the flange together.

Thanks JR

Did you have to use any sealant/silicone etc with the two piece flange?

jr windows

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2010, 11:08:31 pm »
I put sealant on the outside of the tank where the threads came through, then ptfe'd the thread and screwed the outer on tight. The ptfe'd the thread on the element and screwed in to the flange. ( that sounds wrong)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2010, 11:14:39 pm »
I put sealant on the outside of the tank where the threads came through, then ptfe'd the thread and screwed the outer on tight. The ptfe'd the thread on the element and screwed in to the flange. ( that sounds wrong)

Cheers ;)

FCS

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2010, 12:03:11 am »
Interesting looking setup there JR, I may well have to copy this if my existing (untested) setup leaks..

Could you clarify what you meant by "It is in 2 half's and inside the tank is a ring bigger than the thread", scuse me for being a bit dim but my brain can't see how it tightens...

jr windows

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2010, 10:47:12 am »
The back ring that goes into the tank is fully threaded, so the outside part screws up