Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

waynebarry

Website Design
« on: December 18, 2010, 06:34:23 pm »
Hi Guys & Girls

I have a website but it needs seriously modenising, can anyone recommend a good web designer?

Re: Website Design
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 08:39:29 pm »
Their are a few on here that have a good go at doing them ??? some on here also seem to know alot about building and designing websites :-X but listen to them at your own peril ;D These are on my doorstep :) very good and do know what they are doing http://www.greensplash.com/ not cheap but you do only get what you pay for ;)

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 08:51:02 pm »
Why haven’t you put your web site on your profile then ask for opinions it may be good or not (I must get round to doing one)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 08:56:57 pm »

Adam P

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 09:14:52 pm »
if true it's odd that the site was designed by these guys - http://www.ukcaravanhire.com/

the site happy has listed is a bit old so could do with updating, just depends on your budget.

you've asked for a good web designer but what in your opinion is good? someone who is cheap? someone who provides a nice looking site? etc?

you could get a cheap run of the mill template site and pay someone a few hundred to simply put the text on it for you, or you could get it made for you but it'll cost a bit more. imo if you're going to spend on improving the site then get the best you can afford as there is no point in having the site improved to then have to pay again in a year as it's not really that good and it doesn't have a lasting design.

do you have a budget in mind wayne?

Steve CM

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 09:20:54 pm »
take a look at my site, if you like it i could point you to the company. good standard and good value for money. not the cheapest but i think well worth the money

Adam P

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 09:34:09 pm »
great site Steve. really like everything about it.

Steve CM

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 09:36:59 pm »
thanks, i came up with my corporate image and took the photos and then got a web designer to bring it all to life. Its the best money i've ever spent

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 09:51:25 pm »
thanks, i came up with my corporate image and took the photos and then got a web designer to bring it all to life. Its the best money i've ever spent

Nice site Steve. How much was it? do you pay yearly for hosting or do you do it yourself?

Steve CM

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 09:56:07 pm »
650 plus vat for me site and 5.99 a month for me hosting. i sorted out all my own hosting etc. again not the cheapest but it just comes out me paypal account each month.

i have spent the best part of 800 plus vat on my site but thats just been updates and tweaks (my fault for not getting it right first time)

i used to do my own sites but my current one blows the previous one out the water so money well spent

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 10:05:14 pm »
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

waynebarry

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 10:19:00 pm »
Steve - you site is just what im looking for, clear, modern easy to navigate and it does what it says on the tin!
can you let me know who put it together for you please.

Steve CM

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 10:21:29 pm »
www.amasci.co.uk

talk to terry. say i sent you because he won't design for my direct competitors for obvious reasons ;)

waynebarry

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 10:23:25 pm »
Thanks mate ill give him a call next week!

Steve CM

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 10:25:32 pm »
no problem :)

Terry Klymkiv

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 10:35:58 pm »
you can check my website:
www.alphacleaningcompany.com

if you like it, I'll give you contact info of my designer, he does a good job at very affordable prices.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 10:53:24 pm »
if true it's odd that the site was designed by these guys - http://www.ukcaravanhire.com/

the site happy has listed is a bit old so could do with updating, just depends on your budget.

you've asked for a good web designer but what in your opinion is good? someone who is cheap? someone who provides a nice looking site? etc?

you could get a cheap run of the mill template site and pay someone a few hundred to simply put the text on it for you, or you could get it made for you but it'll cost a bit more. imo if you're going to spend on improving the site then get the best you can afford as there is no point in having the site improved to then have to pay again in a year as it's not really that good and it doesn't have a lasting design.

do you have a budget in mind wayne?

Templates, I get wound up about people saying this and making others believe the template it built and the designer doesnt have anything to do  ??? any decent web designer will build/adapt a template for a site either from scratch or from another, he/she will add images, nav bar and build the site, all pages 1 or 303 will be built from this site template. Its standard practice. Any template can be adapted so it is unique to a client its no big deal really.  All websites are built using a template, it is the structure of the site and the other pages are built around it.

The template is a structure, pattern, outline, model, stencil or a guide to a website and no big deal.  

wynne jones

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 11:02:18 pm »
What is your intent?

Are you just embarrassed by how old your site looks or do you want something else.. like getting the phone ringing more?

Website designers tend to fall into two camps, creatives or techy geeks. Niether of which tend to be very interested in getting your phone to ring. I would research companies that can create a direct marketing style site, that people who want to buy find and also have  solid offline marketing experience.

You can have a good 'value' site that costs £200-300 but a solution that costs £1000 that yield £5k of business a year and you can track that it is would be even better value ;D

I seriously doubt anyone on this forum can offer you that, but someone may know a company that can produce such a solution for you.     
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Steve CM

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 11:11:34 pm »
What is your intent?

Are you just embarrassed by how old your site looks or do you want something else.. like getting the phone ringing more?

Website designers tend to fall into two camps, creatives or techy geeks. Niether of which tend to be very interested in getting your phone to ring. I would research companies that can create a direct marketing style site, that people who want to buy find and also have  solid offline marketing experience.

You can have a good 'value' site that costs £200-300 but a solution that costs £1000 that yield £5k of business a year and you can track that it is would be even better value ;D

I seriously doubt anyone on this forum can offer you that, but someone may know a company that can produce such a solution for you.     

you need to create the site. have it fully optimized then seek an seo company if your serious about getting it marketed. A site needs a lot of fettling once it has been designed.

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 11:19:19 pm »

You are wrong to distrust me ??? ??? as mentioned www.greensplash.com   ;)

Steve SEO is another ball game, but adwords is the short fix until a site is established and ranked. Even when a site does have a page one organic listing adwords still does its job time after time  ;)