This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Terry A

Which R/O system do you all use?
« on: December 16, 2010, 08:44:51 pm »
Its time for me to think about a change.

My old R/O isn't really up to the job any more,even with a booster pump it still won't produce water quick enough.

I currently have a 300gpd one like the ones R/O man sells which produces the pure into a large holding tank and I then pump it into the van.Altough it says it's a 300 gpd system unless you have the right pressure and the right temperature you're lucky to get 300 litres a day never mind 300 gallons.

The other downside to these systems is the amount of water that goes to waste.I have mine at a friends who is not on a meter but it still seems a shame to lose so much down the drain.

Can anyone recomend a system that can produce 1000 maybe 2000 litres a day and not waste as much as the cheaper systems.

Also if you could let me know roughly the price and prices on replacing filters etc.

Thanks very much and Merry Xmas to you All.

Terry.

tom2009

Re: Which R/O system do you all use?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 09:13:17 pm »
I'll be interested to hear whats said here as I've got a 200 gpd and it works for me at the moment, slow though, and like you there's 50% waste which I don't like.

prestige cleaners

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 09:20:38 pm »
merlin, but im in a soft area 50ppm out of tap. sweet!

sunshine windows

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 09:43:19 pm »
Having problems with mine being slow too.

It seems to have slowed right down since the cold has kicked in. (It's on the sink in an integral garage at my house).

I have one of the purefreedom 10" membrane and filter ones. Not sure how much it should produce but there's definatley something that needs replacing. Membranes me thinks.

So I would also be very much interested to see what people recommend for around 1000-2000 litres per day.

I reckon we get through about 1200 between us so that would be more than enough with 2000 in storage tanks.

Had a few drinks so i'm rambling but heh it's Xmas time. lol
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Terry A

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 10:36:45 pm »
50ppm from the tap it's 500 up here in Hull.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 08:00:24 am »
Merlins tend to be very wasteful of water, often have a higher TDS, but are relatively cheap.  A merlin would probably give you the production you need though.
As waste is an issue, maybe stump up more money and go for a 40" RO.  High production, less waste (though will need tweaking with a tap on the waste), and relatively clean pure water.

andyM

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 08:34:15 am »
Ro's always produce less pure water in cold conditions thats just a fact of life.
The optimum ambient temp for producing pure water from an RO is around 25 degrees celsius.
And we are are long way off of those temps at the moment  ;D
One of the Plebs

Alex Allen

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 10:33:23 am »
Its time for me to think about a change.

My old R/O isn't really up to the job any more,even with a booster pump it still won't produce water quick enough.

I currently have a 300gpd one like the ones R/O man sells which produces the pure into a large holding tank and I then pump it into the van.Altough it says it's a 300 gpd system unless you have the right pressure and the right temperature you're lucky to get 300 litres a day never mind 300 gallons.

The other downside to these systems is the amount of water that goes to waste.I have mine at a friends who is not on a meter but it still seems a shame to lose so much down the drain.

Can anyone recomend a system that can produce 1000 maybe 2000 litres a day and not waste as much as the cheaper systems.

Also if you could let me know roughly the price and prices on replacing filters etc.

Thanks very much and Merry Xmas to you All.

Terry.

forget these little ro's
get a 4040 with 2 x 20" pre filters 1 x di, pump & ibc tank
just stick with you tap pressure, this ro system will produce 14,000 litres a week if left on
cost is around the £600 with extra pre filters, and it will last years
few mins to flush each week, thats it
filter maintenace is minimum, once a year at most for pre filters if you only need up to  2,000l a week

Terry A

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 02:03:19 pm »
sounds like the sort of thing I should be looking at.

Who sells them?

Alex Allen

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 06:17:33 pm »
google Gaps water
do a range of 4040 and pre filters

Richard Neal

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 09:42:10 pm »
Ro's always produce less pure water in cold conditions thats just a fact of life.
The optimum ambient temp for producing pure water from an RO is around 25 degrees celsius.
And we are are long way off of those temps at the moment  ;D

didnt know that, See you learn something new everyday  ::)
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 12:55:28 am »
my merlin does me fine dont
need a booster pump
water out a 003
dont even need resin really
it also makes me plently ov pure
jus glad im not on a water metre though
as it does waste quite a bit  ;) ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE