Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Prochem Pure Clean
« on: December 09, 2010, 08:23:06 am »
I have some of this stuff and have been trying it out for the first time, i think it was Doug Holloway who suggested it saying "he would not be without it"
Does anyone else use it and if so what as?
It can be used as a prespray, rinse and bonnet clean, its soap, enzyme and residue free.
It does seem to be very good i would like to know know your experiences with it.

from edge2edge

Re: Prochem Pure Clean
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 09:18:43 am »
I use it most of the time as a prespray and it gets good results on most things.Regards Alan(swindon)

james roffey

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 02:02:33 pm »
I have noticed that it is very low foaming and is why Doug suggested it to me a few months back when i experienced some problems using ultrapac renovate, i have just got back from a job where i used Powerburst and rinsed with pureclean, result was outstanding the customer and i could hardly believe that manky carpet of hers looked as clean as it did i dont know if you are supposed to use it this way but on this synthetic it was fantastic. i tested the ph after out of curiosity and it was about 8, the customer commented that she liked that it did not have a smell :)

Steven Taylor

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 05:53:55 pm »

Anyone used Crystal green? Any good?

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 05:58:55 pm »
Same as Alan. A good all round product although it does have it's limitations like most products do.

Used to use it all the time and gets the results although it's a bit OTT for everyday cleaning, remember to acid rinse after using it though. I still carry it for those odd occassions where a trashed commercial needs action.

Graeme@Access

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 06:01:28 pm »

Found double clean to be better unless you need to rinse cleansan or microsan (they need CG as its non ionic).

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

Steven Taylor

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 06:06:44 pm »
Thanks  :)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 06:56:38 pm »
I find Pure Clea good on upholstery. Tried it a couple of times on moderate soiled carpets with okish results.
Its a type of microsplitter i think?

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 07:01:28 pm »
Same as tony use it on upholstery and most carpets that are not mingers.
Gone through 16kg of it and still using it so must be good or might be i am stupid :-\ :-\
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 07:59:42 am »
Hi Guys

Pureclean is sodium tripolyphosphate which is known in our industry as 'microsplitter'. It is the solid version , other microspitters are dissolved in water which is why they work out much more expensive.

It's worth remebering that 'microsplitter' doesn't actually mean anything in technical terms, the claim that it shears dirt from the substrate at a microscopic level is meaningless as all cleaners work like that.

It is just marketing hype.

Cheers

Doug

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 08:19:38 am »
I have Pure Clean and find it works ok

but as Doug says its a powder, and to be honest, I find powders a pain.
They ok if you mix at home before going out (but even then I dont like the mixing, got to be careful all is fully disolved).
But out on a job it gets a bigger pain.

My comments are general for all powders. I would prefer to spend more for the ready to use stuff, the fluids I use still work out remarkably cheap and perform a good quality job.

james roffey

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 09:11:48 am »
I prefer the powders as i think they are mush better value. F and F Rinse is a perfect example go through loads of the stuff and in my opinion is very poor value, plus in this weather the powders can stay on the van.
I always mix the powder with a little water first to dissolve then add the rest, in the case of preprays like M Power/ Nemesis then its not so bad as the dilution rates are so low

Doug Holloway

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 05:08:23 pm »
Hi Guys

You do have to bear in mind that you can only dissolve so much powder in water and this amount will decrease as the water cools.

Personally I almost always use powders as prespray, dissolving them in warm water and using a hydroforce sprayer to put down.

They are undoubtedly more cost effective.

Some will prefer liquids and there are some very god ones, Chemspec 90 being one of the best.

Cheers

Doug

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 06:09:15 pm »
I have Pure Clean and find it works ok

but as Doug says its a powder, and to be honest, I find powders a pain.
They ok if you mix at home before going out (but even then I dont like the mixing, got to be careful all is fully disolved).
But out on a job it gets a bigger pain.

My comments are general for all powders. I would prefer to spend more for the ready to use stuff, the fluids I use still work out remarkably cheap and perform a good quality job.

Very surprised at your experience with Pure Clean Joe.

5 scoops in 5 litres of tap hot water and it dissolves completely in about 30 seconds while stirring - never had a problem with it. One of the few Prochem products I still use.

Joe H

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 06:19:36 pm »
Steve
Just cant be bothered generally with powders, much prefer ready to use stuff.
I occasionally use a boost which is powder, and I only do that reluctantly.
Apart from Soluboost, my van is stocked with ready to use fluids.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 07:00:28 pm »
and where can i get soluboost from?? :)

I add the powder to the hot water once the bucket is filled, then give a quick stir with a washing up brush (i have one just for this job just incase you think i use a punters washing up brush lol) Then its usually dissolved straight away. Some other powders take a minute or two too dessolve.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 07:07:30 pm »
tony from here ;)

http://www.mistralni.co.uk/products.php?type=purechem

plus you can get  a lot more of your chemicals from here..... at a fraction of the price of your usual supplier :D :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

ianharper

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 06:46:53 am »
Jim

sound like your still looking for the "one"

it does not exist.

you need a range of different surfactants on your van

plus when you ask if someone has good results, you must remember that you also need to know their method. some products will work great without any mechanical action others no so.

finding a product that you can use on most jobs will depend on how you like to work and your preferred method. I don't like getting my scrubber off the van so go for high Ph and long dwell times on the average job.

hope that all sounds helpful.

Respect

Ian

james roffey

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 06:45:12 pm »
Ian you are right, i find i am happy with Powerburst but not made my mind up about rinses.
 F and F rinse is a perfect example it is not cheap and dilution rates are pathetic.
i use M Power and Nemesis but often follow them up with a microspitter if all the stains dont come out this has been very affective on a wool rug i cleaned this week i still use prochems prespray gold as well.
The reason i wanted to try Pureclean was Doug mentioned it being very good and it being low foaming which is very important to me

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 07:14:11 pm »
Do you use the fibre & fabric rinse for routine carpet cleaning?