Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Taylor

Anybody tried this?
« on: December 07, 2010, 09:18:58 pm »

Picked some up from B&Q I think it was about £2.40. I know this company supplys all sorts of professional carpet products (googled them).

It works, well! I might be inclined to start buying tins of this instead of my usual from Alltec & Prochem? A couple of squirts here & there.....

Simon@arenaclean

Re: Anybody tried this?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:20:23 pm »
What stains have you removed with it, and how much is it a tin? What's the PH

Steven Taylor

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »
I have so far removed; oil spots, make up, general black dirt spots, sprayed it under rads before towelling (that worked well) and around back of door arckitraves (spelling) and towelled off, just seems to tackle anything I throw at it.

I think it was about £2.40 a tin.

Ph I don't know, don't think it would say on tin either but I could be wrong. Doesn't worry me about ph anyhow as I rinse off thoroughly after.

It really works a treat and less expensive than all the different spotters I'm using at the moment.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 09:45:17 pm »
This will be a solvent so therefore has no readable ph level.

Shaun

Steven Taylor

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 09:53:17 pm »
Carpets come clean with Stikatak!
The success of cleaning up the wine spilled, coffee knocked over and food dropped during Christmas has not always been great, however there is one product on the market that has been proven to really work.

The success of sells through B & Q, John Lewis and major carpet retailers has resulted in Stikatak’s Carpet Stain Remover becoming the consumer's number one choice for lifting stains, according to recent research.

Designed to work on the majority of carpet and upholstery materials in the home, car or workplace, Stikatak’s Carpet Stain Remover can be used without water or rinsing. The instant foaming action lifts dirt and grease within 15 seconds and the anti-static properties combine a pleasant smell with effective cleaning.

As the market leader in carpet accessories for over 18 years, Stikatak has acquired an enviable reputation with flooring trade professionals for its range of effective and efficient products.

"We are naturally delighted by the success our Carpet Stain Remover is having with the consumer." said John Whiting, Stikatak managing director. "Accidents in the home involving pets, wine and children often result in an expensive carpet being ruined. However, the immediate effectiveness of Stikatak's Carpet Stain Remover to remove all trace of the stain has given us an opportunity to expand our product range into the consumer market."

Further details of the Stikatak range are available from the Products page or by contacting:

Steven Taylor

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 09:54:58 pm »
Designed to work on the majority of carpet and upholstery materials in the home, car or workplace, Stikatak’s Carpet Stain Remover can be used without water or rinsing. The instant foaming action lifts dirt and grease within 15 seconds and the anti-static properties combine a pleasant smell with effective cleaning.

As the market leader in carpet accessories for over 18 years, Stikatak has acquired an enviable reputation with flooring trade professionals for its range of effective and efficient products.

Steven Taylor

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 09:56:39 pm »

I removed these stains by using this product and that's all I used

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »
Looking on the B and Q website it's £3.98.

Shaun

peter maybury

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 10:04:59 pm »
It is poop compared to vanish
Peter

Steven Taylor

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 10:09:59 pm »

The price was a guess cos I bought alot of other gear. But still, it works really well.

Steven Taylor

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 10:11:57 pm »
It is poop compared to vanish
Peter

These products are manufactured by industry professionals (so it's says on the tin) lol

Don't care what it is, it's doing the job, squirt, agitate, dwell, towel off and rinse - perfection!!

Adam P

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 01:18:54 pm »
would you say those stains wouldn't have come off with an alternative product you have? seems like it's doing a good job just wonder if it's really worth having another product to carry about

Steven Taylor

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 05:09:34 pm »
would you say those stains wouldn't have come off with an alternative product you have? seems like it's doing a good job just wonder if it's really worth having another product to carry about

They would have come off with other products, but a mixture, I've decideed today to ditch everything else and stick with this all round product. Used it on more stained carpet today, came off easily & quickly - stress free stain removal!

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 05:57:50 pm »
if it does what you say it does its a neat little item to have

Adam P

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 06:05:50 pm »
my problem with using this is that customers may end up buying it too if it's successful, and then you'll end up turning to a customers house to clean with stuff they can get which could result in them thinking why hire you to do what they can do much cheaper

plus if you turn up with "pro" chemicals then when they ask where can they get them you can say you can't but you can buy good spotter from me, however you can't get them to buy spotter from you if you use something else which you consider better which they can also buy.

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 06:09:22 pm »
tell them what they want to hear.... as steven says its produced by industry pro's hehe

garyj

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 06:13:34 pm »
It's no good for you GCS, you only use Eco products anyway and this is a solvent.

Adam P

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 10:02:08 pm »
no i don't gary.  ???

garyj

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 11:02:07 pm »
But your website says you're Surrey's leading Green cleaning company!

Haven't we had this argument before  :P

Adam P

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 11:05:39 pm »
my website says we use the best product to get the job done to the best standards that we can achieve gary; in fact it's not once mentioned that we are green or anything about eco products...

all i remember from before was you embarrassing yourself which it seems you're doing again from the way i've tried to had a good convo on here and give my thoughts on a product but you've randomly decided to change that like before.