Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tony harrison

Wand Glides
« on: September 26, 2005, 04:34:04 pm »
Hi,

Has anyone tried or is using these teflon wand glides if so what do you think of them ?.

I have noticed that if you buy them direct from the States the price varies quite a lot i.e. £11 to approx £65 approx has anyone bought them direct.

Regards Tony Harrison

stevegunn

Re: Wand Glides
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 05:14:10 pm »
I bought some from these people direct but they were only 4.52 so they have raised their price also got hyrofilter and twist & seal cuffs no import tax.Nick at Solutions sells them £27 if I remember rightly.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Teflon-Lip-Glides-for-12-wand-carpet-cleaning_W0QQitemZ7549469518QQcategoryZ42926QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

tony harrison

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 08:44:43 am »
Hi Steve,

Many thanks for your reply.

Do you find there is a difference when using them in other words are they worth buying.

Regards Tony Harrison.

mark_roberts

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 09:02:16 am »
I got the lips but they dont work.  I can only get one lip on the front of the wand as per instructions but it leaves more water behind than before.

Try hydramaster as they sell greenie glides which seem to be the best.

Mark

tony harrison

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 11:38:15 am »
Thanks Mark is yours a prochem 4 jet 11"wand.

The reason I asked that was that I measured the air slot and is is approx 3/16",not very wide I would have thought.

Regards Tony

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 05:58:12 pm »
I bought loads of these in Vegas, they were on specail offer, cost me $6 each :D

what no ones mentioned is, I was told you'll be lucky to get 3 months out of them before they start splitting.

outside the show there was a demo area with about 12 different T/M companies ( Vortex, Blueline, Steamaction etc..etc) nearly all of them where demoing their machines with either glides or lips fitted, give it a couple of years and all wand will come with them fitted as standard.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 06:16:52 pm »
Hi Mike

Or carpet cleaning technicians will learn how to use a wand correctly in the first place

Best regards Nick ;) ;)

mark_roberts

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 08:40:02 pm »
Mike

What else interesting did your see at Vegas.

Mark

PS. Im talking carpet cleaning only ;)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 07:37:09 am »
Mark, Most of the stuff I took perticular interest in (pumps, T/M construction, heat exchangers) would be boring to most of the readers here so i won't go to deep in to that. as for everything else I'll type a big post at the weekend when I've caught up with all my sleep and phonecalls ;)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk