This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wc Solutions

dont need this! ....
« on: November 30, 2010, 02:23:22 pm »
we clean a very large furniture on a sub contract with Prima Services.

they are going dust soon and we are qwed 7 weeks worth!

they didnt even bother telling us! and the boss is on holiday!

spoke to the furnitures head office and they say they have paid Prima Services so they cant pay it twice.

spoke to prima and they say cant help you boss is away and was told to tell you you would be paid by the furnitue store directly! which isnt the case!

seems they are holding onto the money and gonna wait tell they go into adim in january!

Pristine Clean

Re: dont need this! ....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:11:06 pm »
7 weeks worth of money. That's a shame. Have you ever been it that situation before where they have gone into liquidation.

You will probably have to bare the brunt of that. Meaning I will be surprised if you even see £2.00

They will keep you updated and send a letter then a list of all the creditors. So unless you are in the £20,000 bracket you wont see any of it.

What is interesting is look at what the administrators charge for there service. If they did not take such a huge wack you might be within a chance and so would other companies.

I feel for you.
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Wc Solutions

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 03:15:15 pm »
im prob gonna have to right it off but i will wait for a form to be sent out soon to fill in ...

i feel sorry for the staff that havent been told and are still working for nothing!

its so wrong!

the joke is the boss of prima is on a skiing holiday!

GS CLEANING SERVICES UK

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 04:00:33 pm »
 I WOULD GET SOME DEPT COLLECTORS , A COUPLE OF GEEZERS WHO MEAN BUSINESS , AT LEAST GET SOME NEW FURNITURE OUT OF THEM THAT YOU CAN SELL ON FOR A PROFIT . THERES A FEW UP HERE IN MANCHESTER IF YOUR INTERESTED
Mark
GS CLEANING SERVICES UK

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:13:05 pm »
Why take it out on the furniture store ? Its the main contractor you need to approach,  usually best on his doorstep at home and at an odd hour -  bang like the place is on fire. Explain nicely but firmly that it would be in his best interest to pay you but don't threaten him. You never know he may be honestly down on his luck and the holiday was won on a readers digest prize draw :o

GS CLEANING SERVICES UK

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 07:58:49 pm »
yeah your probably right , but it just angers me when people are trying to earn a living and they get S..T on .
Mark
GS CLEANING SERVICES UK

BDCS

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 09:11:51 pm »
Yes but each and every one of us should expect it but you hope it never does. I use Daniel Silverman and just having their terms on my invoices has helped, if they go overdue you can add interest, a fee for chasing and then hand it to them to hassle the firm

greencleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 02:17:34 am »
that's no reason, sometime you would work for money but peoople sometimes don,t understand it.

cml

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 08:44:38 am »
Hi, 

Is this company owned by an individual or Ltd, etc? 
Who do you invoice for your works generally because I am assuming it is Prima Services?  If this is the case there be no need to involve the furniture company who are continuing as normal in line with their agreement. 

You are now put on notice as to the real reasons why your payments may be delayed.  How are you paid normally weekly or monthly? If you were paid weekly then alarms bells should have been ringing by now and a press for payments.  There are a number of remedies that you could seek to recover payments but as pointed out you may have to weigh up costs againsts the sums you intend to recover. 

You may also want to write a letter and contact the company in regards to the information about going into administrtion as this will prompt a suspension or cancellation of your current works until you have a reply but you must deal directly with Management promptly to avoid any disruptions to the current services.  You may want to seek legal advice via CAB or a legal representative to explore your current contract to establish the right party to take action against.  Assuming in this case it is Prima Services but the furniture company could also be liable as a 3rd party but this is  dependant on the contract wording.

The "boss" is entitled to go on holiday albeit it may seem as if it is bad timing with January fast approaching.  Nonetheless if it is true ( and this needs to be established first) then the right practice would be to put all their suppliers on notice.  In majority of cases this would not happen until they finally close the doors taking as much monies as possible with them.  The cat and mouse games about approaching the furniture company direct for payment, especially if this has not always been the cases gives an indication that they may not intend to pay you at all.  But this also depends on the person you spoke to and whether they be best in a position to give you information about your payments.

If they are giving you the run around and misleading information this goes towards their intentions which could see individual being persued personally for debts incurred rather than hiding behind their company.  Get advice immediately.

Good Luck

pristineclean

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 10:16:45 am »
It's a pain and no large error - when I was less experienced than I am now, I got rooked for £15000 from a company who went bust and that in the same year as having to accept a 'commercial settlement' from another company which cost me almost as much in lost revenue. It wasn't the best of years..

Although there are legal remedies for this (s214 of the Insolvency Act provides for personal directors liability if, on the balance of probability, it can be established that the directors knew or ought to have known that they were heading towards liquidation) the duller truth is that everyone else is correct in what's actually going to happen and you're going to end up with nothing.

Have you considered approaching the furniture shop(?) directly to provide for their ongoing work? The increased profit, since you are likely to find a 'middle' price between the amount you're currently getting and what they were paying to the other company would be beneficial to you both and you would be likely to recover your losses over the contract period. Don't worry if you have a restraint of trade clause in your agreement - the impending liquidation of the company pretty much renders that contract useless for either party.

lesterM

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 07:19:45 pm »
Bit late here but there is a system for insuring your credit. It brought Woolies down ( believe me, nothing to do with kids pinching pick and mix)
No Job Too Odd.
Dont Panic - let us do it for you.
Pure dealers since 1746

Rob Knapman

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 01:58:09 pm »
Happened to me a few years back when Courts Furnishers went through, I lost  2 months money and to add insult the cheque that was sent to me bounced so I had to pay bank charges on that too. >:(
Knapman Cleaning services, washing glass since 1945