This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Micky Boy

when should i leaflet drop
« on: November 29, 2010, 11:56:30 am »
best time to leflet drop or door knocking as when i seem to door kock no one is in

Wc Solutions

Re: when should i leaflet drop
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:58:47 am »
flyers on a sunday is good as more people have time to read them, rather than coming home from work seeing all the pizza menus and junk on the floor and throwing it straight in the bin without looking at it on a week day ...

Micky Boy

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 12:11:34 pm »
what about door knocking which is the best time  ???

formb

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 12:22:43 pm »
I never door knock.

It angers me when I get sales men at my door so would never sell at someone elses.

I would guess Saturday afternoons would probably be best for people in, not having their tea, not sleeping.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 01:13:47 pm »
I have got 5000 leaflets going out with the free paper tomorrow...talk about the worst possible timing with this weather DOH! I didnt really want them going out so close to christmas DOH! should of got them out beginning of November really DOH!  :o
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Stewart01

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 01:41:51 pm »
wouldnt say thats the best method of getting them out as your better of doing it in small clumps so your round stays compact, you could be getting single customers from all over town calling you up which i wouldnt like!!!!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 01:46:52 pm »
 Total distribution of the paper is 26000 I have picked the postcodes I want them delivered to  ;) However I do think I have cocked up big time with the timing.  :'(

Count Phil

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 04:49:05 pm »
You cocked up the method as well. In the paper they don't get looked at.

TomCrowther

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 05:07:20 pm »
I just sent out 30,000 in the local paper and the phone has been pretty busy. I read that you can expect between 0.1 and 0.5 % response and I am at the low end of that but still early days.  I think it's a good time to do it because some wc's jack it in when it gets cold.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 05:19:30 pm »
I will let you know how I get on Count Phil, by the way do you have family in Transylvania?  ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 05:21:18 pm »
You cocked up the method as well. In the paper they don't get looked at.

Interesting view.  I wonder why Tesco, Sainsbury and Morrisons all disagree with you and keep on sending them out?  Perhaps they just like wasting money.

Vin

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 05:23:09 pm »
I just sent out 30,000 in the local paper and the phone has been pretty busy. I read that you can expect between 0.1 and 0.5 % response and I am at the low end of that but still early days.  I think it's a good time to do it because some wc's jack it in when it gets cold.

I think it might have been better to delay a bit because customers often aren't aware they have lost their summertime window cleaner until Februaryish.

Carey Ward

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 07:08:31 pm »
We get two or three pizza menus on a Sunday which end up like all the rest - straight from door mat to paper recycle

Found that leaflets don't always work - dropped one through a house every month for six months as no one in when we cleaned next door - happened to be passing one tea time so knocked at the door - guess what she'd been wanting a window cleaner for ages!!!!  :-\

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 07:42:04 pm »
I did a small leaflet drop last week and got 8 jobs out of about 200 leaflets.  Mind you it was before the snow.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 07:48:56 pm »
4 % not bad at all. Thats what i thought not expecting the best of results now because of the weather but confident of a few leads because of the area i have targeted.