This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tws

leave it now till spring
« on: November 27, 2010, 04:08:48 pm »
had a chat with a couple of local windys round our way they bought a round in the summer and said a lot of custies are telling them to leave them as its winter they are just getting dirty again so he says he,s shut down now until spring when they,ll start up again he,s traditional cleaner and like i said new to the game anyone else shut down for 3 months ?

Re: leave it now till spring
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 04:12:32 pm »
I would if my household bills were paid by someone else or the utility companies decided I needn't pay for their services. Obviously these customers need training or binning. The latter so far as I'd be concerned. I wonder how they'd feel if their boss said to give it a break from coming in and take 3 months gardening leave.

chopsie

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:13:53 pm »
I was just thinking about this today,after joking with a customer who rang about if  the big freeze comes for weeks and weeks she will not be seeing me again as I will of gone bust!!.
Was thinking, could I just sign on for 3 month? seasonal workers must do it. I do not want to do it, just a thought i was having.
chopsie

mci services

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 04:17:00 pm »
tell him to be careful as a proper window cleaner will likely pick up his customers that actually want an all year service.

tws

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 04:40:15 pm »
never known anyone say i,ll leave it now till spring and he,s got over 100 custies well thay say winter sorts the men from the boys ;D

Johnny B

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 06:56:58 pm »
My customers are happy when I tell them I carry on through the winter as long as the weather is favourable enough. I do get the very occasional one who asks for me to leave it for a couple of months, but in the depths of winter that may equate to them missing one clean at the most, so really it makes no difference to me.  :)

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Newannaive

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 07:54:44 pm »
been at it 6yr, never had a prob with the leave it crew  ???

geefree

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 08:54:49 pm »
 customers need training up , if thats what they are saying.....

" would you like to move to every 2 months through the winter  ? , and that way i dont lose your custom and you dont lose a window cleaner !!"

Works well ,  ;D ;D

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 08:58:27 pm »
i have had a few this month say leave it,  just dump them,   let them contact me in the new year,   

chopsie

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 09:14:13 pm »
If this weather forcasts right I may as well leave it until spring!! http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=de6&day=6

-15 by 6pm on Friday, and -4/-5 all day  :o
What is going on, Have we turned into Siberia, where is that Russian bloke who used to come on here, He could give us some tips.
chopsie

james44

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 10:02:25 pm »
Gazzasp8 if you have your customers on a 6/8 weekly then this is not normally an issue!

Chopsie why sign on? if you take on internal cleans this would keep you going!

Now is the time to be pushing internals as there are lots of customers looking to have their inside windows cleaned for the festive season, i have been doing internals all day today as i could not do any externals as we have snow here and it`s the same tomorrow!

geefree

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 10:15:10 pm »
Gazzasp8 if you have your customers on a 6/8 weekly then this is not normally an issue!

Chopsie why sign on? if you take on internal cleans this would keep you going!

Now is the time to be pushing internals as there are lots of customers looking to have their inside windows cleaned for the festive season, i have been doing internals all day today as i could not do any externals as we have snow here and it`s the same tomorrow!

i rarely have them asking me to leave it until spring,.....and i prefer my whole round to be monthly ,..but if they do,

i dont lose them , with my  comments  on my post above.

JoeMax

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 10:25:22 am »
Some good news.. it could possibly be a really hot summer  8)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11841368

dai

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 10:50:56 am »
Cleaning windows in those storms we had a couple of weeks ago cost me 3 customers up to now, they don't want them doing again until spring.
I can't really blame them because the windows were filthy within hours of cleaning them. Lesson learned.