This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobby p

Re: Poseidon Hot Systems
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2010, 08:50:55 am »
im trad and this wfp is strange to me. but i like the weird names

poseidon-the poseidon adventure

pure freedom-cry freedom

etc

G Griffin

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 08:54:44 am »
The Constant Gardiners.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

concept

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2010, 09:05:24 am »
as for the fitting maybe they never charged me more because i had my system fitted? i thought the list price included fitting. Oh well looks like i got a good deal ;)

They say money goes to money...

;D

When I can afford the Purefreedom system, it will definitely be a consideration.

Need to see how this system gets on, as running a 1 man set up, and occasional useage I think will be fine, where the Webasto based systems come into their own is reliability, they work 24-7 in some applications, so it's a no brainer.

Looking forward to being able to sleep a bit though, knowing I am going to get out to work every day, rather than waking every couple of hours and looking outside, wondering if its going to freeze, should I have done this or that....

chopsie

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2010, 09:49:06 am »

Chopsie keep us posted I can't see anything wrong with that. My only concern might be how long it will last - who knows?
As for price I can't believe some of the top braggers on here are criticizing that. You can pay that for a 4040 ro unit.

Its unlikly I will be keeping you posted as funds probabaly will not stretch to it with xmas around the corner, But then again I might stick it on credit card  :-\
Conepts your man, He is getting on fitted Monday.
chopsie

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2010, 09:59:28 am »
If the system all works ok for £800 fitted, BARGAIN!!!!!! :D

I'm with concept, I'd rather they fit it for that sort of money. ;)

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2010, 10:29:01 am »
It looks reasonable enough to me. Fair play to them. For a f itted system they have to be the cheapest on the marke and that can only be good. Others will have to follow.

It reminds me of costings you come across elsewhere. When I first went WFP I bought a trolley system off PureFreedom for 1K now theyre less than half that.

Hopefully these heated systems will continue to fall in price.

Count Phil

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2010, 10:30:48 am »
Dude who said its the same as an l5 without the cut out.

That is a huge difference. The cut out is THE reason the l5 is sitting in the loft and not in the van. The performance is fine, instant on and piping hot. The cut out defeats the purpose.

Carey Ward

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2010, 12:07:53 pm »
Does anyone know if you can just pick the kit up from the place and fit it yourself??

Cheers

chopsie

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2010, 12:35:42 pm »
Yes I believe you can. It says on website you need a registered fitter to fit the gas, so assume they will either send it out or you can pick up
chopsie

trevor perry

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2010, 05:16:52 pm »
here are a few pics of me new system
hi steve i have the purefreedom hot system but it doesnt have the digital display on the front, is this just a reading of the temperature or is it something else
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

dd

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2010, 05:52:51 pm »
How much does the Poseidon system weigh - including gas bottle, battery etc? I am currently on payload limit so would have to not fill tank fully.

Imagine you can't tell how low the gas bottle is and would have to generally carry a spare one (adding to extra weight).

Also be inconvenient if the frost stat didn't cut in because you'd run out of gas.

geefree

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2010, 06:10:42 pm »
I think the frost stat is battery operated only??

dd

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2010, 06:16:16 pm »
I don't know much about these systems but thought the battery was used to fire the pilot light? 

chopsie

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2010, 07:21:41 pm »
How much does the Poseidon system weigh - including gas bottle, battery etc? I am currently on payload limit so would have to not fill tank fully.

Imagine you can't tell how low the gas bottle is and would have to generally carry a spare one (adding to extra weight).

Also be inconvenient if the frost stat didn't cut in because you'd run out of gas.

it weighs 4.5 kg, gas bottle will depend on what size you get. http://www.poseidonproducts.co.uk/Heater.html
chopsie

thermoclean

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2010, 09:32:46 pm »
does the poseidon system use lpg if so how does it compare to the infinity lite
and is there an option to have a lpg tank fitted in the spare wheel etc
dont fancy messing around with bottles.

prestige cleaners

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2010, 09:38:03 pm »
just bought a 4.2kw standalone heater for £25 plus a free 15kg butane bottle, feeling slightly smug now boys.

bit cheaper than £800

not feeling so smug now, keeps blowing out, must be a lack of oxygen, gutted! will have to sell it now.

david washbrook

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2010, 07:34:09 pm »
steve cm
how are you finding you new hot system as ive been looking into one of these and seriously thinking of getting either an ionics or pure freedom 1 will the purefreedom 1 fit any system also what size is the heater

thanks
dave

ps great web site

ronnie paton

Steve CM

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2010, 09:08:53 pm »
steve cm
how are you finding you new hot system as ive been looking into one of these and seriously thinking of getting either an ionics or pure freedom 1 will the purefreedom 1 fit any system also what size is the heater

thanks
dave

ps great web site

Great piece of kit. If you wanna ring me at some point I can talk you through what I know so far. 07921611814

simon w

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2010, 09:28:10 pm »
if you have two pumps on your system do you need to heaters?

Yes if your system has two pumps you'll need two heaters, I believe the cost for two heaters and a frost stat plus fitting is £1300.00 all in