Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wynne jones

Re: would it be better or worse
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 10:37:25 pm »
I was a lurker on here for a while and I'm sure a few would prefer me to going back to being one. What prompted me to start posting was the constant regurgitation of carpet cleaning twaddle that's been passed down from either some vested interest or someone who is totally clueless and never done it for real but saw it on a post a month before which was probably from someoene else who hasn't got a clue.

Quite often someone has a genuine thorny carpet cleaning problem and it just gets ignored. Then someone pipes up with a 'which is the most powerful porty thread'  ::) and it goes bananas.

It's human nature to want an easy life and it's easy to pretend there's this one guy running around with 10 false ids coming up with stuff that some would rather not hear, well that's too bad unless you want a forum which is pretty much dead which only comes alive when the mods plead with anybody to post anything. If the multple IDs was true any site owner would spot multiple IDs from  registrations and that would be that.

Take a look in the other sections of this forum there is plenty of banter. Or do you think us Carpet Cleaners are above that and our poo don't stink. Some people are really up their own backsides.

Sorry if this offends anyone.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

derek west

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 10:47:21 pm »
no offence taken at all wynne but not sure what your point is, would a fee stop what your on about or make it worse?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 10:53:49 pm »
or was it just a rant  ;D lol

wynne jones

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 11:01:34 pm »
Derek

I completely ignored your question and just wanted to rant on.

A fee would only see the demise of the forum.

It's like Google saying instead of doing adwords it's going to charge everyone a monthly fee.

To charge for a membership site an individual would have to see some VALUE. Whilst everyone brings something to this forum it is woefully short on 'real world' carpet cleaning expertise in my opinion. Why would an experienced carpet cleaner pay £10 for the privilege of sharing his hard earned knowledge with some new boy down the road after his customers?

What you would get (even worse than now) is a bunch of peope hoodwinking newbies with their latest snake oil chemical/poncy firewalking course or whatever and no one around to say hold on a minute that just not right!

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 11:10:54 pm »
Yes I agree with all of that Wynne.

For every 100 or so posts (not threads) I read, I learn something of value - you have to filter out the crap and not get hung up on the daft questions and equally daft answers.

I'm more than happy to offer free advice if I think it's of value.

As far as multiple profiles are concerned - we took a big step 18 months ago when many posted their photos, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside now. I don't care that much about it - I know a lot of the guys on here and have met them. If someone wants to have a row with themselves using multiple profiles then good luck to them - I'm sure some effective medication will come onto the market soon.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 11:31:52 pm »
That's not a picture of the Steve Barnett I have met far to old  ;D ;D ;D lol

Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 11:52:41 pm »
i personally enjoy the banter, watching the same person argue with them selves is hilarious, can't beat a good old arguement, i love the differing opinions, nice to see 2 sides to an arguement, life would be dull on here if we all agreed. we all pay our liscence fee and theres just as much poo on tele as there is on here. just cos someone doesn't agree with what i'm saying, doesn't mean there a numpty, and visa versa, i argue all the time in the pub but i still get my round in.

youve got some valid points there wynne, and who knows, you may be right. but personally i'd still pay a tenner.

wynne jones

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 12:04:04 am »
This site makes money because of the NUMBERS. I subscribe to several online magazines and they keep sending me advertisers offers by email. One in particular I have tried to cancel several times and they just ignore it, why? because they just want to show the number of subscribers, like all the list companies we discussed in a recent thread.

If you charged £10 you would have some money but not very much and you would have hardly any advertisers or google display revenue because of the small numbers.

Now with every problem there's a solution so over to you Derek to make it work. ;D

derek west

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 12:15:37 am »
too tired, oh and this will cheer you up, you were right and i was wrong, my trucky froze up this morning, jammed solid :-[
all though in my defence i did say -5 and i start to worry, it was minus 5 last night ;D anyway all sorted and only lost 2 hours this morning, all custies were understanding so lesson learned, heater is in the van ;)

wynne jones

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 12:24:22 am »
No I'm sorry to hear that Derek but glad you got away with it. :)

Don't feel too bad, heard about another well respected TMer today who got caught out too last night.

Does this mean you will be getting a glide?  :P