This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alan McTernan

Service Level Agreement
« on: November 22, 2010, 08:47:05 pm »
Hi Guys,

One of my contract clients has asked me for response times as part of our SLA. So what would you consider appropriate, within 24 hours or sooner? And then times to carry out a permanent repair?
We have already met there other requirements ;)

Cheers
Alan

Pristine Clean

Re: Service Level Agreement
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 11:11:33 am »
Hi Alan,

depends on what you can respond to and how quickly.

For example if you are 100 miles away and its only you if you are stuck on a job how will you respond within that time frame.

Also will you face a penalty for not meeting the time frame and what will the penalty be.

As for repair times well that will depend on what your repairing to how long that will take.

We have response times with 4 hours. And emergency response almost immediate.  within 1 hour.

Also the price will depend on what the response time should be

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Alan McTernan

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 06:07:52 pm »
Thanks Dave ;)

Some valid points there :)

Anyone else? So i can get an average!!

cleaning-team

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:15:12 pm »
Make sure any SLA clearly outlines the client responsibilities and what is outside of your control - for example if you are called out to something but cannot get access as there staff are late etc then you do not get penalised and so on.

cml

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 10:59:05 pm »
Alan, as suggested it depends on the job, location etc, whether you carry parts or need to purchase parts whether you work a 24 hour shift etc.

You may want to consider different response rates to peak and off peak times, geographic locations i.e if a client is close to where you are based then a response time would be within x hours and if outside say a 10 mile radius then x hours will apply.  Alternatively you could base this upon the type of repair as some have a higher priority say fixing central heating whereas a dripping tap could be a 48 hour repair etc.  Normally response rates and list of priority will be discussed in an SLA or the contract before commencement.  Nonetheless the key thing here is to be realistic in estimation of times it could possibly take you to respond to any works and if you cannot get there within the response times given what follow up actions are taken i.e. contact client . If no access is granted what actions do you take, whether there is a charge for no access etc., all this demonstrates quality control.

Pricing is also mentioned above and I would agree because unsociable hours tend to have a higher rates than daytime rates.  Albeit response times may be quicker if working in the evenings due to less traffic.

I hope this helps

Alan McTernan

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 07:29:59 pm »
Cheers for the replies guys.

After talking to the person i deal with she gave me a copy of there response times for there on site guys, so i just modified it to my requirements!!

Thanks again

Regards
Alan

BDCS

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 07:40:57 pm »
I sub for a firm that does drain and toilet blockages for several big supermarkets and they have to respond within 4 hours. The one today only had one toilet for all the staff.

Gutter Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 10:08:06 pm »
24 hours with a callout charge / minimum charge per visit

BDCS

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 10:21:11 pm »
24 hours for what ? good job your not a lift engineer then  ;D