This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

Tip- it may help. it may not
« on: November 14, 2010, 04:55:29 pm »
Just with all these vans getting nicked lately.

This is what I've always done.

With the two different vans I've had for wfp they have both had a factory immobiliser linked to a chip in the keys. I have to have my ignition on to run my pump (just the way I've always had it set up, cig' lighter socket)

For both vans I got a key cut BUT with no chip in it, just a key blank cut to fit the ignition. So this enables me to have the ignition on & still be able to lock the van BUT the van cannot be started with that key.

Now I know they can nick it without keys BUT I reckon the time it would take them to suss out what's happening would be enough to send them off before being caught as the engine will turn but not fire! ;)

Ste M

Re: Tip- it may help. it may not
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 05:12:11 pm »
personally i would rewire that as you can do damage to your ignition coil leaving it on for long periods the way you are doing it. that would also take away any chance of someone jumping in your van an tryin to nick it, no matter how think you would react to someone doing this you have also got to think about the fact that it wont be some nice young kid tryin to borrow your van to go and pick his nan up from bingo, it will probably be some druggie who is high as a kite and will do anything to get away including stabbing you or even worse.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 05:15:12 pm »
Just a thought (which you may already have investigated) but why not have the system wired to run without the ignition on?

You'd save fuel and guarantee no theft...

Vin

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 05:38:28 pm »
After 6.5 years I've never damaged an ignition coil! ;)

It doesn't use fuel having the ignition on! ;D

The reason?  I use a pump box & this is an easy way to just disconnect & bring it inside overnight in winter.

The van is still locked & the key WILL NOT start the van. ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 05:41:37 pm »
I may investigate the wiring though. ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 06:30:40 pm »
The van is still locked & the key WILL NOT start the van. ;)

Doh.  Must learn to read.

Vin

ant french

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 06:46:50 pm »