Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Aqua-dapter Problem
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 08:00:21 pm »
OP - in answer to your question - no! this has not happened to mine, the aqua daptor is a very well made item, the only thing i have had go wrong is a snapped spring, which was replaced extremly quickly.  overall the aqua daptor has outlasted in line taps and remotes ! so no complaints.

not to knock the OP but there is some serious and 'dubious' dents in the aqua daptor shown that look very simular
to marks left by mole grips or pipe pliers.

With any manufactured item there will always be the odd failure due to a flaw in material, bad machining, or simply put together on a friday afternoon!

this does not make it a bad or untested product

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

david washbrook

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 08:19:58 pm »
i have been using 1 of these for a couple of months and i realy like it but i also have 2 minor problems which are occasionally it wont turn on and i have to drop the pole and turn it on by hand which is a pain and the other problem is my plastic angle adapter doesnt stay tight on the aqua dapter

having said that i still like it just wish i didnt have these 2 niggling problems have thought about getting the mk11 but havent had this 1 long and not sure if it will be any different

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 08:56:28 pm »
Hi David,

occasionally it wont turn on
Yes, this is an occasional issue that's been reported with the Mk1, the trigger on the Mk2 has been altered to improve this.

my plastic angle adapter doesnt stay tight on the aqua dapter
Not sure about this, as it depends on the thread on the angle adapter.  The Aqua-dapter end screw thread is a standard thread, if the angle adapter is cross-threaded that could be a problem.  Otherwise I suggest you try using something like PTFE tape?

not sure if it will be any different
Yes, the Mk2 should improve the on/off issue.

Please (Aqua-dapter users) contact us first if you have any issues, as it's only by chance that we will see topics like this and be able to help.

Paul

boshravie

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 08:59:41 pm »
Hi,

I have only just noticed this topic and, as mentioned by the others, would appreciate it if you would contact us privately to discuss the matter further.

Quote from: boshravie
some time the wheel would catch the long pin in wrong way and didn’t turn it on
Although it happened rarely, that's something that has been addressed with the Aqua-dapter Mk2.  See all the improvements here.

Quote from: boshravie
if I would asked Aqua-dapter, I don’t think i wouldn’t have got the true picture
I can assure you, that's not the way I (or anyone else here) works.

I couldn't work out how boshravie could have a body with the flared end, when he said he's been using it for 4 months.  I think I've worked it out.  If boshravie is the customer I think he is, then it is actually a Mk2 body, but with Mk1 components - confusing I know!

It was one of the very early Mk2 bodies we had produced, and was sent out because the first Mk1 was damaged by the body being forced apart to fit on a larger pole.  The customer told us was a "Gardiner XL pole", our engineer suggested they were referring to the "old style which is 25.4mm" - our website shows the Mk1 "fits poles with an outside diameter of 20-23.5mm".

I thought it worth mentioning this as the Mk2 just released has a number of improvements that may have prevented this problem from occurring.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to mention a couple of things with regard to the care of the product (I'm not singling out boshravie here, his isn't the only Aqua-dapter we've seen in a similar condition to this).

The instructions we send out have this recommendation:
Maintenance
Even though Aqua-dapter is self lubricating, it will still benefit from being regularly cleaned using hot water and washing up liquid.  We recommend once per week if possible.

We advise that you DO NOT use products such as WD40, as this will attract debris and may pass on to the window surface.
- bold and italics are for emphasis here, and the red text was added fairly recently in case you rush off to check ;-)

Some customers have returned their Aqua-dapters, sent photos, or we've been to see them, and their Aqua-dapter has looked virtually as it did when we despatched it i.e. it is clean and with very few scratches.  These are professional WCs working full-time, some with staff working for them.

We accept that there are occasions when a pole will be dropped, and that upstairs windows need to be closed using the pole etc., and the Aqua-dapter is of course designed to cope with these situations (although I would hope most Window Cleaners avoid dropping their poles anyway - it's not just the Aqua-dapter that could get damaged, but some poles are quite expensive).  Any piece of equipment will last longer if it is treated with respect and cared for.  Most WCs I've spoken to have pipes into which they slide their WFP for storage inside the van, with the brush sticking out the end of the pipe nearest to the doors.  This will look after the equipment better than throwing it somewhere.

The body of the Aqua-dapter is made from Hard-anodized Aluminium.  It is rigorously tested, but as has been mentioned before in this topic, to make it "indestructible" would probably make it heavier, or more expensive (or possibly both) and we obviously don't want the price to go up as that won't help sales!  It is a considerable investment, and therefore benefits from being well looked after.

Quote from: Sure Cleaning
until it goes out in the real world with many different types of users thats when any issues if any may arrise
That's true.  We've learned a number of things from "real world" customers.  For the most part though, we've been very happy with a very low failure rate (lower than I expected).  From memory we've had a handful of loose screw threads and a few more snapped springs (which we've replaced promptly) these being the major problems.  We've also had a couple of issues with leaks, mostly because of people using the Mk1 with hot water, which it wasn't designed for (the Mk2 is).  Another leak was caused by someone washing his Aqua-dapter regularly in very hot water! :D

The other thing we're looking into is the use of long goose-necks with the Aqua-dapter, and I'll be interested in discussing with Boshravie, if he contacts us, whether he's been using any and the length of them.  This can increase the stress on the unit and we're testing and gathering info from users so that we can make some recommendations about their use.  We aren't looking for excuses, but it's only with an honest flow of information about the use of the product that we can make any necessary improvements.

So, we look forward to hearing from Boshravie, and I'm sure he (or we) will update this thread when we've resolved the problem.

For anyone who is considering the Aqua-dapter and may have been put off by this, please note that this was an Aqua-dapter with Mk1 components, the Mk2 has a number of improvements which may have prevented any problem.

Paul

P.S. Thanks for the positive comments guys!

Fantastic reply from Paul, many thanks for the informative feed back, yes we use Gardiner 14 inch goose-neck on this particular pole were I had the Aqua-dapter fitted  , so does this make any different ? I am interested to give the Aqua-dapter Mk2 a try too, so can you please contact me regarding this?

Regards, Bosh

boshravie

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 09:03:37 pm »
i have been using 1 of these for a couple of months and i realy like it but i also have 2 minor problems which are occasionally it wont turn on and i have to drop the pole and turn it on by hand which is a pain and the other problem is my plastic angle adapter doesnt stay tight on the aqua dapter

having said that i still like it just wish i didnt have these 2 niggling problems have thought about getting the mk11 but havent had this 1 long and not sure if it will be any different

Yes I have had similar problem with this as david mention.

david washbrook

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 09:12:24 pm »
paul

i wasnt knocking the aqua dapter i realy like it i was just saying about a couple of small problems im having

please could you contact me regarding the mk11 as im reluctant to order 1 as i havnt had the mk1 very long

as i said im not moaning just stateing my findings

thanks for your reply
dave

jouk45

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 09:50:08 pm »
for anyone using a goosneck with the aqua-daptor heres a good video tip, by tony evans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN4LYhKC3vY&feature=related

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 04:21:50 pm »
Something I failed to mention to David and Boshravie about occasional issues switching on or off is that the hose becoming twisted can cause a problem.

Boshravie and David, could you contact us via the Order Messaging system on the website or email us (sales AT aqua-dapter  DOT co DOT uk) so that we can resolve the issues you've mentioned please.

Thanks,
Paul

boshravie

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2010, 09:46:42 pm »
Something I failed to mention to David and Boshravie about occasional issues switching on or off is that the hose becoming twisted can cause a problem.

Boshravie and David, could you contact us via the Order Messaging system on the website or email us (sales AT aqua-dapter  DOT co DOT uk) so that we can resolve the issues you've mentioned please.

Thanks,
Paul

Sorry Paul, I have been extremely busy today and I have just noticed your massage, can I please order the new Aqua-dapter so I can give it a try?
You have my e mail on my profile, in case you want to contact me?

Regards, Bosh

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 10:09:39 pm »
Sorry, didn't think of that!

Message on its way...

Paul

boshravie

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2010, 10:57:00 pm »
Great Paul
E mail received and many thanks, and just replied.  :)

Bosh

Lee Pryor

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 09:37:39 am »
I would like to know point by point exactly what has been changed or upgraded on the MK2 from the MK1.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Aqua-dapter

Re: Aqua-dapter Improvements
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 09:39:57 am »
Hi Lee,

I did link to it above, but please see this post on our blog: http://aquadapter.wordpress.com/2010/11/11/the-aqua-dapter-mk2-is-now-available/

Paul

boshravie

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 07:47:08 pm »
New Aqua-dapter MK2 just arrived this afternoon and many thank to Paul, I can  already  see the different in terms of higher quality of materials as well as slight different in the design, looking forward to put it to test from tomorrow and I keep you guys posted, I am sure I will be very happy with this new product.

Once again  many thanks to Paul for his help.  :)

Bosh