Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andrew66

best way to clean goats hair
« on: October 29, 2010, 05:26:47 pm »
 first goats hair carpet to clean any advice

Jim_77

Re: best way to clean goats hair
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 05:49:06 pm »
Cleaning goats' hair is easy.  You just have to catch it first.

andrew66

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 08:27:10 pm »
should have said any useful advice

derek west

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 08:35:45 pm »
don't worry andrew, there only "kidding" ;D  ewe always get a few jokers on here, you just have to take the gruff with the smooth.  come on help me out here guys.

garyfindlay

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 08:57:17 pm »
I use wash an goats.
or is it all the goat, or just head and shoulders?

andrew66

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 09:00:55 pm »
ill let this one run its course i guess but please dont get my goat up with your billyous behaviour.
if anyone can provide help please do custy wants answer tommorow , she is into eco friendly products hence the goats hair do i treat it the same as wool?

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 09:11:10 pm »
What type / style of rug is it?? I did a 20ft camel hair chinese a while back with HWE and an airmover, microsplitter and freshwater rinse

derek west

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 09:30:48 pm »
What type / style of rug is it?? I did a 20ft camel hair chinese a while back with HWE and an airmover, microsplitter and freshwater rinse
geoff
i heard you didn't take it back for 3 days so the customer got the hump.

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 09:33:18 pm »
 ::) ::) ::)

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 10:01:29 pm »
First you have to seperate the goats from the sheep.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 10:09:24 pm »
Seriously, I have cleaned a few goat skin rugs, they are a nuisance really. The best advice I can give from my own experience would be a light misting with something like mpower, then a light extraction keeping moisture to a minimun but at the same time using enough water to get a satisfactory result. Go easy on the vaccuming passes as goats hair is not as stable as a sheepskin rug and you could end up extracting too many hairs and destroying the rug. Get the rug as dry as possible after cleaning by maybe using a hair dryer at a safe distance.

robert meldrum

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 10:19:55 pm »
There are specific products available for this from LTT and possibly other suppliers.

andrew66

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 10:45:21 pm »
its a complete room carpeted in this stuff >:(

Stu.Clem

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:18 pm »
Natural fibre so neutral as poss ph - One step fineline very good tho nowadays would be using the more robust Nemesis/Mpower for their self agitiating powers.  Good gentle vac - misting of prespray hand brushed straight in followed by a further light misting again very lightly but thoroughly brushed in then a 20 min or so dwell followed by a gentle short stroked warm water extraction with frequent dry passes - airmover to finish leaving it mostly but not fully dry.  Just used this method on a pretty minging 50/50 long pile large rug other 50 being silk I was a tad unimpressed with result initially however custy was over the moon on its return... Think the old under promise / over deliver and charge a good fee for this one is applicable

Stu

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 11:07:07 pm »
Oh, thats a different matter entirely, I thought it was just a goat skin rug. I have never seen or heard of an entire room covered in goatskin before.
I can see you doing the whole room on your hands and knees with your upholstery tool, that is if you take the job on in the first place. If you do you will need  to charge a very high price as this will be a time consuming job.

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 11:14:37 pm »
I thought it was a rug too! Name your price, long job, probably hands and knees with a hand tool

Ben Lugg

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 09:01:19 am »
Andrew,
i cleaned a goat hair carpet yesterday ,landing and stairs, treated it as if pure wool.
 Very light pre spray small amount of agitation, ff rinse and plenty of dry passes, came up well although not heavily soiled to begin with.
I read that these can have varying amounts of goat hair from 30% to 100% and are very expensive. Treat with care and it should be ok.

Regards.
Ben.

Jim_77

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 07:58:22 pm »
you just have to take the gruff with the smooth.

You just hoof to spoil it don't you!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 08:07:59 pm »
Must be kidding!

I herd that you wanted some advice?

What about washing it with a baaaahlm?

Shaun