Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Re: Police checked/approved
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 03:54:08 pm »

David,

There is a link on the window cleaning criteria which takes you to the Taxi criteria
  which I have pasted as it seems this may also be the criteria. This is because
  on the window cleaning page all offences have to be noted even points on
  your driving licence.

How they take this into consideration I don't know.

Cheers

Doug

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 04:35:34 pm »
I am Police checked.  Have to have security clearance for one job I do.
It can help when name dropping for new stuff, so it's worth the hassle.  I have to re-apply every year.  10 page form, photo etc.

Pj

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 07:06:13 pm »
...  10 page form, photo etc.

Pj

I filled out similar, being 'security checked' in the army to handle classified information.

My problems were my Japanese background and a (mad) Irish (now ex) wife.

I used to have to list all overseas relations (ie the Jap lot), then because I had an Irish connection, I used to have to fill out a supplement form for that lot too.

I bet the 'vetting people' hated me.

But it's my kids who I feel sorry for.  They're Japanese-Geordie-Irish. 

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 07:18:17 pm »
But it's my kids who I feel sorry for. They're Japanese-Geordie-Irish.
Just tell them they're pure Japanese.

Saves them any upset in finding out they're northern. ;D

;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2005, 07:41:55 pm »
i am northern   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

;D ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2005, 09:51:58 pm »

Just found this on the Council site regarding issuing a licence on the grounds of
  offences comitted, hope this answers a few questions :-

Information Note for Applicants.

Each Licensing application form requests that you disclose personal information regarding any criminal convictions whether they are spent or not.

All applications are treated on merit and, the fact that you disclose this information does not mean that, a licence will not be granted to you.  Consideration will be given to: the type of offence; nature of offence; age at time of offence; period since the offence occurred; good conduct since the time of last offence.

Minor Traffic Offences

Speeding, Construction & Use offences would not normally prevent a licence being issued but usually involves a warning regarding future offences.  Repetitive instances of speeding may lead to a hearing situation to consider whether or not the applicant is a ‘fit and proper’ person to hold a licence.

Major Traffic Offences

Dangerous Driving, Driving without due care and attention etc., would be viewed seriously and consideration would be given to the period of time that has elapsed since the offence occurred.  Usually a clear period of 2 years since the offence took place would be looked for before granting a licence.  If any further similar offences were to be declared this may lead to suspension or refusal of a licence.

Drunk Driving

An offence of this nature is viewed very seriously and a lengthy period between the offence and an application for a licence would be expected.  A period of at least three years since the driving licence was re-issued would be expected.

Drug Related Offences

An applicant who has declared a drugs conviction would be expected to have a lengthy period of approximately three years free from any similar offences at the time of the application.  The applicant may be expected to provide medical support in favour of their application.

Indecency Offences

The safety of the public and passengers has to be given prime consideration and any offence for indecency will be viewed seriously.  Consideration in this instance would be given to any applicant who had no similar offences within a three to five year period.

Rape

Applications in this instance would most likely be refused.

Violence

An applicant who has declared any such convictions would be expected to have a conviction clear period of approximately three years.

Dishonesty

Applicants declaring any such conviction would be expected to have a conviction clear period of three years.

In all instances a written explanation from the applicant is expected outlining the details and the situation which led to the convictions declared.  This information is shared with Central Scotland Police who will indicate whether or not the applicant has provided accurate details on the circumstances of the conviction.

Any applicant who has a history of similar and repetitive offences will probably not be looked on favourably.

I have real concerns about this type of stuff.  It's not so much about the specifics of what you have written but about the way the state has been encroaching more and more into areas where it has no business - especially over the past 20 years.
I could get on my soapbox and have a major rant about all sorts of issues that come under that heading but it's not really about window cleaning and would be more appropriate for a political forum.
However, on the basis that if we "have nothing to hide we have nothing to fear", just try getting into America if you've ever been a trade union activist or ever got caught smoking a bit of puff - however long ago it was.
"I am not now, and never have been" the type to be suppressed by little dictators.
Sorry to go way off topic but the population of this country has allowed our supposed servants far too much power.
Remember that Donovan number?
"They made me fill in forms, until I shook with fear
About the colour of my toilet roll and if my cousin's queer.
Here's your gold watch and shackles for your chain......................"

All I'm trying to say is that I seriously dislike an over-regulated society.

Rant over.