Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tomy jackson

Re: Where's your tank?
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 02:29:16 pm »
its not an a fence to over lode one side of van ,trust me ,but youd have to be puddled to do that

rg1

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 03:32:43 pm »
its not an a fence to over lode one side of van ,trust me ,but youd have to be puddled to do that

Are you sure ???  I think you will find it is illegal as the weight would not be evenly distributed over the axles.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

tomy jackson

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 04:39:54 pm »
yes as long as your not over weight on the axels frunt & rear ,but all weight to one side thers note in the trafk regs ,and this comes from my fiting days as one of the gangs had a van put over the way scal at gidersum by minesty of transport ,and it wos put on it 4ways frunt axel rear ax and near side weells and off side weells ,the out cum wos 1 ton moor on os weells ,and nothing that thay do /. >:( ??? ??? ??? ??? thats the minesty men  :( :( :( :( :( >:( >:( >:( ??? ??? ??? ??? :'( :'( :'( :'(/

Richy L

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 02:18:51 pm »
How about this?
Im thinking of an upright tank. If i put where shown on the pic the boxed wheel arches will give it some support, but how could I make it stable and safe? I wouldnt want the tank to fall over if i brake hard!

Does anyone else have a tank there?

Wc Solutions

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2010, 03:19:15 pm »
what about but two new tanks and have two 300 ltr tanks one each side

that would be ok - maybe have them over the whell arch?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 03:50:31 pm »
How about this?
Im thinking of an upright tank. If i put where shown on the pic the boxed wheel arches will give it some support, but how could I make it stable and safe? I wouldnt want the tank to fall over if i brake hard!

Does anyone else have a tank there?
Having the tank there is probably the best place for stability & weight distribution.
Also,.. in a crash you have a bit of space for movement (when the tank frame distorts) before it gets near the passenger compartment. Upright tanks fitted right up against the bulkhead do worry me a bit!

Richy L

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 03:58:28 pm »
what about but two new tanks and have two 300 ltr tanks one each side

that would be ok - maybe have them over the whell arch?
I've had a look at those. They are three times the price, and there isn't enough room for them.

What is the best way to secure a tank as in the picture?  There are eye bolts types things fitting in the van in the perfect place for the tank, but would a carefully positioned ratchet strap or two be enough?

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 04:44:19 pm »
Sorry if I've missed something previous, but depending on your tank size would you be overloading the back axle? What is the max allowance for that axle?

rg1

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 07:59:33 pm »

Dave, You missed this critical point :)
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)