This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bad trippy

My RO slowing down
« on: October 16, 2010, 10:12:30 am »
My RO is about 15 months old, a couple of weeks ago i changed all the filters.
Im pretty sure the thing aint producing as fast as it used to, its only a 200 gpd unit from pure freedom mind you.
Do you think the membrains need changing? Will old membrains slow down the water production?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Frankybadboy

Re: My RO slowing down
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:54:57 am »
trippy i would change the membrains,if they are that old.

but change to 150 each membrain so you then have a 300 gpd ro. ;) ;)

Dave Anderson

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 12:57:25 pm »
Could it also be possible that the changes in temp is also having an effect?
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 01:10:57 pm »
I have had the same problem and have been systematically going through my set up which is also a 200. Think in my case it is the DI vessel internal chamber, as flow before DI is good but after DI it has more than halved. Will be looking at that after lunch. Depending on usage your membranes if flushed regularly should last 3 - 5 years but there are variables involved. Pre filters change approx every 3 months.

Steve

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 11:24:21 pm »
Cold weather does affect production. 

The readings coming out the membranes will determine when the membranes need changed.  If the reading is higher then production will slow down, if the reading is still low, I would look for something else causing it.

Peter Fogwill
www.window-tools.com

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 08:09:04 am »
membranes don't last forever and they do slow down as they get older. Bit like me really.

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 10:36:57 am »
Afriend of mine has fitted a pump to his to boost productions through his ro and he said the membranes last longer having the water pushed through the system quickly.

I have been thinking to put a pump on mine but haven't got round to it after having the system for four years now. ;D ;D

simon w

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 01:18:38 pm »
Trips

Why dont you switch your system off remove the pre filters, switch back on and see if the water production and pressure is still low?

This will eliminate the other filters causing the problem and tell you if it may be the RO, as it could be pre-filters slowing things down and not the RO membrane.

Just a thought  :)

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 01:32:56 pm »
Simon is right prefilters needing changed usually slow them down, but if you have just changed them lately then not likely, but worth a try. 

I always fit a pressure gauge after the prefilters and a dip in pressure is an indication that they need changed. The pressure gauge will also let you know if your inlet pressure has reduced, this can sometimes be due to the water board turning the pressure down to meet their targets, if there is a leaky pipe etc. 

A booster pump will prolong the life of the membranes, cut down waste to product ratio, and bring the product TDS down.

Peter Fogwill
www.window-tools.com