This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mikecam

Re: Mondeo man
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2010, 07:49:56 pm »
mikecam, a business purpose isn’t only to make money. Some who only invest a few hundred pounds in what they like to think is a business are usually a bit deluded and often compare themselves to a real business always looking for similarities, when in fact there are far more differences.

You decide yourself the point where the balance changes from someone who cleans windows for money to someone who has a business, a lot get it wrong simply because they don’t put into there business they just want to take out (cash)

Ewan, the most basic business principe is to make money. The most basic business model may be borne from someones love or hobby and turning it into something that pays, but it is there primarily to make money, if it doesn't then you don't have a business. You'd just be doing something.
 A car and a ladder can (and often does) take as much if not more than someone who has invested thousands of pounds in the latest 'reach and wash' technology. If you don't understand that then you need to do the opposite of what i told the OP, you need to have a look at what is going on around you.
Investment into a business is no guarantee of automatic or deserved success.
 Trick question for you.......
 who earns the most
A) £2000 a month ladder round with car
B) £2000 a month round with local fitted WFP system for 2.5K in purpose bought van
C) £2000 a month round with latest reach and wash technology for 7K in purpose bought van

Now remember, the question is who earns the most and not whats nicest to drive round in.

cozy

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2010, 07:51:23 pm »
No Kate, if you're not WFP and drive a van, you are looked down on by the expert WC's on here . ::) It's always been like that in this trade. Some can't live with the fact they are window clewaners and not fighter pilots ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2010, 07:53:13 pm »
Did someone want me?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

cozy

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2010, 07:53:50 pm »
Well put Mike, The problem is, Ewan isn't a window cleaner. If they start arresting window cleaners, he'll be OK, due to lack of evidence.

mikecam

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2010, 07:53:58 pm »
Sure i could of invested peanuts & looked like a monkey, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah you could of done. But you invested thousands and you are wondering what fellas are doing in Mondeos with ladders. How do you feel? Do you feel like a monkey or do you feel in control of what you are doing, or do you feel that what others are doing is affecting you?

mci services

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2010, 07:54:23 pm »

kate1

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2010, 07:55:31 pm »
Hi Cozy,

Just a shame that people dont concentrate on their own business rather than whatever anybody else is doing.  Each to their own, live and learn take advice if its given.  Assess things for yourself, who on earth is to say whats right and wrong if it works for them.  Some are happy doing as they do, some want to expand, wide mix of personalites, goals and dreams.

cozy

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2010, 07:57:48 pm »
Yeah Kate, forums are great fun though. It just amazes me that a window cleaner can try to look down on another window cleaner. ;) Seen it all now aint ya? ;D

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2010, 07:59:31 pm »
Working on a main rd Thurs, spotted a windy working opposite with ladders & shiny new Unger pole, working a couple of houses in the rd, looked for his van etc - turns out he's working out the back of an old mondeo - if the guys a genuine windy then fair enough, but over the last few days have seen several blokes with old ladders over their shoulders or stuck on old saloon car roof racks, with builders buckets & dirty chams etc.
Do the toppin up the dole boyz really annoy you or do you just let them get on with it?
I find it really annoying that ive invested thousands in decent kit/van/insurance/training/marketing etc for them to turn up & undercut me & drag down this trade >:(

This is really an unbelievable post from someone who has less than 2 months window cleaning experience.
Your back posts tell the whole story.
This 'Mondeo Man' prob has a full round and pays his taxes.

Come back when you have earnt more than you have spent.

G Griffin

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2010, 07:59:43 pm »
Did someone want me?
;D ;D ok sswc ;)

How very dare you Oor Wullie!
 SSWC indeed  ::)  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

kate1

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2010, 08:00:56 pm »
Cozy, just think its about respect thats all.

Now whose up for my calendar?

cozy

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2010, 08:01:15 pm »
Working on a main rd Thurs, spotted a windy working opposite with ladders & shiny new Unger pole, working a couple of houses in the rd, looked for his van etc - turns out he's working out the back of an old mondeo - if the guys a genuine windy then fair enough, but over the last few days have seen several blokes with old ladders over their shoulders or stuck on old saloon car roof racks, with builders buckets & dirty chams etc.
Do the toppin up the dole boyz really annoy you or do you just let them get on with it?
I find it really annoying that ive invested thousands in decent kit/van/insurance/training/marketing etc for them to turn up & undercut me & drag down this trade >:(

This is really an unbelievable post from someone who has less than 2 months window cleaning experience.

Your joking?? CLASSIC  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cozy

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2010, 08:06:16 pm »
9 weeks on the job with all the shiney kit you can buy on credit! Don't tell me...... every time you pull up outside one of your 30 custies, you can hear the theme music from 633 squadron playing in the background PMSL. Then you turn up on here and talk the talk, can't even walk the walk ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

I love this forum  8)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2010, 08:06:36 pm »
In 2006 I was worse than Mindeo man I was clapped out sierra man. It was that bad all my doors had gaffer tape to hide all the rust holes

cozy

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2010, 08:08:32 pm »
In 2006 I was worse than Mindeo man I was clapped out sierra man. It was that bad all my doors had gaffer tape to hide all the rust holes

Point proven.

G Griffin

« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2010, 08:09:23 pm »

Yup, I`ve got a full round but I draw the line at paying taxes  :o. That`s a mugs game.
 And what`s wrong with beer towels? Best not to wash them and they keep the smell of stale beer.
  I must apologise for dragging the industry down though chaps.  
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2010, 08:09:46 pm »

You could afford gaffa tape?

cozy

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2010, 08:11:40 pm »
Ewan, egg, window, 35 quid. Shall we go there? What's the going rate at Sainsbury's now? 7 quid an hour?

You don't see a problem with the guys attitude to his fellow WC's?

cozy

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2010, 08:12:46 pm »

You could afford gaffa tape?
You were lucky................. 15 of us livin in a shoe box in t'middle of the road..........................

erithwc

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2010, 08:13:52 pm »
flipin mondeo man   ;D ;D ;D ;D