This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RO-Sheen

Re: Mondeo man
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 12:08:54 am »
I quite often see a window cleaner cycling through my town in Oxfordshire with his ladder over his shoulder. George Formby eat your heart out!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

mci services

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 12:17:38 am »
I quite often see a window cleaner cycling through my town in Oxfordshire with his ladder over his shoulder. George Formby eat your heart out!

good on him I say ;)

Londoner

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 08:13:20 am »
Yes but, no but,    The original question is not wrong, there are lots of dole boys out there.

windolene

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 08:44:44 am »
Hi,

Generally WFP guys have to have a van to accommodate there gear, they have no choice but  to have a van. I think if they were traditional many would have a car as this is all they need. Besides a sign written car stands out more then a van.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

Steven01903

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 08:48:16 am »
Spot on ;D

Ian W

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 09:02:33 am »
I saw someone walking their ladders around balanced on a bike, bucket and tools on the handlebars. I just thought good on him for getting off his backside and trying to work.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Wc Solutions

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 09:11:12 am »
doesnt matter how you get to each job - car or van

doesnt matter how you clean the windows & frames - just aslong as you do a good job.

what does matter is some of the following - a good attention to detail of your work, a pro look - mainly workwear wise, being insured and not being a tax cheat.

having a crappy car really doesnt matter at all, end of the day if this guy is just trad and just domestic work - when he pulls up in a road to do say 3/4 houses, 9/10 the customer wont even see the rust bucket outside or down the road ...

yes a sign written van helps to give a more pro image but plenty of wc that have a very very pro image but there work is bad ....

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2010, 09:12:05 am »
i had a mondeo for years and it was a great car.poor mans jag! ;D ;D ;D ;D

i miss it sometimes as ive just got a van now and usually its weighed down with pure water so sluggish at best!

im gonna have to buy another mondeo next year for pleasure purposes!they are fantastic comfortable cars!

the guy who started this thread A WINDOW CLEANER LOOKING DOWN HIS NOSE AT ANOTHER WINDOW CLEANER!!

PLEASE!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 09:23:02 am »
what makes me laugh is if a wc is working out of a car, then ever one is saying so what, but as soon as they lose custy to dole boys undercutting, as they dont need to run a van pay insurance etc  they start moaning

this industy is being held back from being classed as professional becasue of the people who work in it,  how can it be a professional business when people turn up in a old car, pair of jeans and a football top,  if some one came to price a job at my house like that i would think they where cowboys and would want to pay a lot, not matter how good a job they do,

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 10:01:21 am »
Why are people stereotyping others, at least you should be applauding the guy for working.

Probably some may not like competition as it should be a good thing.

And most of these new wfp vans I have seen doing one house then they move on to do another one a lot of running around.
At least mine are compact work in one place working 3 to 5 days in same place and not moving around alot.

david watts

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 11:41:13 am »
need a new van wfp to get about travel broadens the mind ;)
the original post put it out there car = dole  tax cheat a lot by there anwers have agreed
discus
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

cozy

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 12:02:17 pm »
need a new van wfp to get about travel broadens the mind ;)
the original post put it out there car = dole  tax cheat a lot by there anwers have agreed
discus

A bit hard to understand, do you mean you have a broad mind? You also think alot of posters in this thread agree with what you've said? Guys using cars and not vans, are usually tax dodging dolies?

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 12:08:20 pm »
I personally would not admit it if I owned A Mondeo!

cozy

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2010, 12:09:40 pm »
I personally would not admit it if I owned A Mondeo!

Why? Are you a better WC than one using a Mondeo?

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2010, 12:11:30 pm »
Nothing to do with window cleaning, I just wouldnt admit it! God take A joke.

cozy

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2010, 12:26:53 pm »
Nothing to do with window cleaning, I just wouldnt admit it! God take A joke.

How did I know that was coming. ::)

So Dave, where are all those who agree with your point in this thread? I can't see any.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2010, 12:42:07 pm »
All the gear and no idea

Some lads are just supporting families with an easy wage in low hours not everyone takes up window cleaning to build an empire

Sometime you have to ask whether your spending is justified your in business to make money if you can make the same money out of your old car than buying a new van as well as a car and running both just to keep up appearances with the people on ciu that say thats what he should have its a bit of an expensive way to impress some idiot behind a keyboard

roundbuilder

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2010, 12:47:38 pm »
yea i could tell dazmond would be a mondeo man. You do like a smiley dazmond hey. I see you admit you need to up your crap prices...top man

clearlyclean

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2010, 01:12:31 pm »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
just because a guy works out of car doesnt make have a cowboy I know plenty of bricklayers,plumbers,electricians and other trades that work out of cars because a guy slaps some ladders on his car and a bucket in the boot and tries to earn a living instead of sitting on the dole,he probably has nt got charge loads per house because he has low over heads unlike the guy who takes out a loan to buy a van and shinny toys at the end of the day its only cleaning windows.And i say again i put all my water fed pole gear in my car.

Paul-pp

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2010, 01:49:09 pm »
what makes me laugh is if a wc is working out of a car, then ever one is saying so what, but as soon as they lose custy to dole boys undercutting, as they dont need to run a van pay insurance etc  they start moaning

this industy is being held back from being classed as professional becasue of the people who work in it,  how can it be a professional business when people turn up in a old car, pair of jeans and a football top,  if some one came to price a job at my house like that i would think they where cowboys and would want to pay a lot, not matter how good a job they do,

Completly right - In what other job could you employ someone without knowing if he was treating it as professional business or just as a free ticket to beer money - by undercutting people that want to bring their trade in at a proffesional level.