This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gaza

RO PROBLEM
« on: September 21, 2005, 10:13:52 pm »
QUESTION???: At the mo I use a di system and have to run my hose into the van from my back yard tap a distance of 25 yds or more,if Iwas to use a ro unit could I let it run in the same fashion for say daylight hrs Sat and Sunday,question is does the pressure from a ro remain constant ie goes in at 65 pressure will it come out at 65ish enough to run it in the fashion I am used to using the di way,Iknow it will be slower does it just dribble out?

GAZA

IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

thewindowcleaner1

Re: RO PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 10:29:12 pm »
Hi Gaz if it is the Merlin your running, I run mine about the same distance from the supply and my in pressure is just about 40psi I tend to run mine at night as the pressure is at its best during the dark hrs and normally it produces about 700 ltrs in about 10hrs...
although I ve read on other threads that this is a low figure (it must be due to the low Psi from the tap)..

I will hook it up to a pump one day but at the moment tap pressure produces enough for my two vans..

Alan..

I pump mine from holding tank to van this gave me a problem last night, as I fill the van tanks at the end of the day i put the filler hose into the van tank and turned on the sump pump Then the fella next door came out and started talking I forgot the water only to be reminded by a local kid come running to me to tell me that my van was leaking...
Van full of water... had to drill a few holes in floor to drain it...

Have to strip out cab matting at week end to dry floor out... fella next door thought it was well funny..

The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 10:33:01 pm »
Hi 'The Godfather'

I use a 300gall Ro unit.  My hose runs approx 50 metres around the house (from the tap to the ro unit inside my shed).  My pressure is 45 in and 80 at the ro unit reading (with a pump which came with the Ro-Man unit).  

I try to keep the 1000ltr shed tank fully topped up so run it maybe a few hours one  day and up to 8 hours another day.

My unit produces about 50ltrs per hour with an out tds reading of 16 before polishing.

It does seem slow but the wastage is really low and if you keep it topped up it produces enough for the average w/c.

Hope that helps, regards

Sarill

Sarah

gaza

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 11:07:53 pm »
WINDOWCLEANER 1;Ive often thought about getting a merlin but finance is now very short because of problems with other w/cs
what tds is yours going in and at exiting the merlin? Ihave got a 1000 litre tank +250 litre tank fitted with di system. so with the merlin Icould run the water to the 250 litre tank then pump it through the resin vessels to  the 1000 litre tank already polished,then into my mobile 48 litre diy system,filling up from it when needed

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO