This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bad trippy

Van mounted system v Trolley
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:57:01 pm »
Guys me and the Mrs work from trollies and sometimes a hand held backpack (going through houses/ narrow accsess)
I have been wondering recently how a van mount would benefit us as regards time/ improved hourly rate???
So im asking you lot for your feedback
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Martin-Swinscoe

Re: Van mounted system v Trolley
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 09:03:10 pm »
Guys me and the Mrs work from trollies and sometimes a hand held backpack (going through houses/ narrow accsess)
I have been wondering recently how a van mount would benefit us as regards time/ improved hourly rate???
So im asking you lot for your feedback

Trippy,
I've just bought a trolley and had a backpack for the last few weeks. The reason i got them was that i was sick to death of the hose getting caught on everything and i mean EVERYTHING!!.
After a couple of hours walking backwards anf forwards freeing the hose from absolutly anything you will soon get you're trolley back out. Van Mounts are great if you got a great big mansion to do but normal houses stilck with you're backpack & trolley ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 10:11:08 pm »
me love my van mount.learn where to pull the hose.,no problems ;)

bad trippy

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 10:20:19 pm »
Im going to work with Franky one day soon,haha he's just found that out
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

s.w.c

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 10:29:38 pm »
make sure he buys lunch since a little tight :P

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 09:52:36 am »
could'nt manage with a van mount for certain parts of my round, even if i got a van mount for free i would still use trolley

steven ainger

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 09:58:42 am »
van mount all the way for me,
 ive got a back pack, which i use for the odd hard to get to job, but couldnt see myself using it all day, it would drive me nuts topping it up all day/ or changing barrels.
 i suppose its down to what type of round youve got
 eg..  easy access houses = van mount
        difficult access houses= b/pack or trolley
        combination of the two= van mount and b/pack

outdoor restore

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 06:56:03 pm »
I work with my daughter (while she's trying to find a teaching job) we have van mount with two hoses and 2 x WCW backpacks.  She uses the van mount for fronts (very few snag points and no lifting of containers etc), while I use the van mount or backpack for the rears (choice depends on access to rear, if can't park in right spot or lots of snag points for van mount then use backpack). 
Backpacks refilled from van tank via bilge pump.
On the few bits of compactish work we have, daughter can move onto next house with backpack if finished front before me.
My ideal set up would be as above plus trolley, but I don't have room (navara pick up)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 08:08:58 pm »
Im going to work with Franky one day soon,haha he's just found that out
i wait that call. 8) 8)

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 10:07:58 pm »
I did 2 years with a trolley, 2 years with van mount. Van mount without a doubt for me!

Regards

Simon

toronto

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 10:13:12 pm »
I had a van mount and backpack.  Started making and selling trolleys so decided I should really use one if I expect others too.
I ditched the van mount and my workrate went up by nearly 20% and water usage went down by 50%.
there are times i miss the van mount but the money savings (resin/fuel used) plus the extra 20% income or spare time are worth it. Plus its easier to bring in on a cold night than a van