Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Geoff Jewkes

Pre sprays
« on: October 02, 2010, 03:51:06 pm »
Just me being nosey  ;D What detergents / pre sprays are you guys using these days ( for carpets and upholstery ). I've not been on here for a long time until this week so I'm a bit out of touch!! Went to see a friend on the Welsh coast on Thursday, we did a couple of jobs together just so I could see what methods he was using!! I was introduced to power burst ( which is now on my shopping list ) !! Used some this morning on a white polyprop, the results were fantastic and the job seemed much easier!!! So what else is on the recommended list ?? Geoff

markpowell

Re: Pre sprays
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 04:03:12 pm »
Pureclean, Nemesis, DFC105, Powerburst probably 10% of the time and Ultrapac renovate at different dilution rates the other 90% of the time.
Mark

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 04:20:38 pm »
Ordered some pure clean, tried it on some upholstery with great results, I don't know anything about the others that you've mentioned though.

Grant Whyte

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 07:15:14 pm »
Have used and still occasionally use Multi Pro. For 100% Wool and for sensitive upholstery fabrics PreSpray Gold. So far all positive results.

handwerka

Steve Chapman

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 11:46:57 pm »
Power burst on nearly everything  ;D

Steve

derek west

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 12:31:04 am »

Steve

ditto except i even have it on me breakfast. ;D

absolutecleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 07:13:01 am »
Pureclean or powerburst mainly for me.

Bill Robinson

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 09:04:30 am »
What happens if you use power burst on wool..what would be the best to use on wool and wool blend
Bill

markpowell

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 10:17:01 am »
Powerburst is ok to use on wool, make sure its rinsed with FF rinse and no problem.
Mark

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 10:33:08 am »
M-Power on most carpets with solu boost added for the bad ones. Fusion 8 on all upholstery, fantastic.

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 11:29:09 am »
Nemesis/M-Power on most carpets. I have Powerburst to use on really bad ones with Hydramaster Clear Water rinse (acid rinse) where necessary). Ultrapac renovate for draught marks.
Also Solutions Cornwall Heavy Duty if just smaller areas are really bad.

Nem/Mp for most upholstery, or Fusion8, with Solutions HD where necessary ie arms/heads

stuart_clark

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 11:52:06 am »
 M Power is the best and more versatile than most other pre sprays IMO

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 12:18:44 pm »
Thanks for your input guys! I've found myself using the same stuff for years ( craftex, neutral ph stuff ) mainly because I keep getting great results, and they're a convienient one stop shop and very reliable with advice / deliveries etc etc.
I came back onto the forums this week for the first time in YEARS and seen a whole load of new products and thought I should have a go!! I went out on a few jobs with a certain Mr Moss on Thursday which was a bit of an eye opener to say the least  :o
Powerburst really suprised me, white carpets with dirty walkways, it just made light work of them!
The upshot is that I'm going to be a little more adventurous and pull myself out of this Craftex rutt I'm in!!!   

Joe H

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 04:02:43 pm »
If you keep getting great results with what you using - why change?????

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 04:24:22 pm »
If you keep getting great results with what you using - why change?????

Hi Joe, well I was using an alltec machine with a submersed heater, which was great when doing rental properties ( as the hot water is usually off in the properties ) because I could get the water piping hot, now I'm using a Prochem powermax with an inline heater, which I can`t get to the same temperatures as the alltec machine, it's great when using warm water, the inline heater gives it a great boost but not so great when using stone cold water. Just looking for deterents that will release dirt better so that I'm not relying on stinking hot temperatures as much.

Nice website by the way !  Geoff

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 04:33:49 pm »
Not only that, I used power burst on some polyprops over the weeken and was suprised at how much easier the job was!! ( not that I'm afraid of hard graft )

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 04:53:06 pm »
If you've got no hot water in these properties then powerburst won't be a good option, I find it is far more effective when mixed hot.

Pre-sprays such as M Power will work when cold and can be rinsed cold, but there is far more emphasis on agitation and dwell time.

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 05:04:07 pm »
Invested in a kettle for the powerburst  ;)  ;)

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 05:07:26 pm »
A lot of EOT turn the gas off so no hot water always check if they have a electric shower for hot water or you could take a kettle for the pre spray a couple off fills in the tank will take the edge of the cold water but your not going to get 50 litres granted
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

john aitken

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »

Steve

same here Stevie id drink power burst if i thought it would help