This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

wfp or trad only

trad only
16.7%
20 (16.7%)
wfp
83.3%
100 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Paul Coleman

Re: lets try again shal we fellas!
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2010, 05:00:51 pm »

I could never work for anybody else doing this job because it’s not challenging or stimulating, but working for your self is completely different and window cleaning has some many things going for it over other more skilled trade. 

That last bit really struck a chord with me Ewan.
It's the self employment that is the real bonus rather than the actual act of cleaning a window - for me anyhow.

kate1

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2010, 05:02:38 pm »
Yep Paul your right

mci services

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2010, 05:06:41 pm »
yep I cleaned windows for my fathers company many moons ago and I detested it, it does make a difference when you are doing it for yourself, I still get bored actually cleaning though, it is all the other stuff that keeps you going.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2010, 05:11:20 pm »
I went from a managerial/office job to window cleaning and I know that working for yourself is a million times better than working for someone else.

I am prouder of what I do now than I ever was pushing paper round a desk.

I feel genuine pity for those who probably do want to leave office life but haven't the gumption but still feel they can 'look down' on window cleaners. Someone asked me once why I'd taken a step down, I said I'd taken a step up - that shut them up ;D

kate1

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2010, 05:11:38 pm »
Stu - but your still doing it for yourself I know it probably stinks sometimes

Lee Pryor

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2010, 05:20:02 pm »
I hope were all still voting! its good so far, I will probably need about 2-300 window cleaners around the country to sign up to get the ball rolling, i wonder if i could talk the fed into giving me a members list.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.