This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

wfp or trad only

trad only
16.7%
20 (16.7%)
wfp
83.3%
100 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Lee Pryor

Re: lets try again shal we fellas!
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2010, 05:01:39 pm »

Hi Lee
  We are wfp, would like to be involved even if its to find out the plan. fed up with canvassing and leafleting.

cheers

john

sorry john know one else can be involved at this time but when its ready most window cleaners will be able to join, there will be a monthly membership fee as well as a few requirements from each window cleaner as the in coming customers will be expecting a certain level of service ie, insured, always doing frames and sills, text alerts and so on. Anyone that meets our requirements will be able to join
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2010, 05:21:30 pm »
As soon as a price is put on for gaining these juicy customers and especially on a nationwide scale then corruption shall rear its ugly head.Are you going to be suggesting that anyone that doesn`t subscribe to your grandiose plan is perhaps not quite up to standard. What if 3 window cleaners want the same customer?  WILL IT BE DOWN TO WHO PAYS THE MOST?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2010, 05:36:57 pm »
Sean I will answer your first question.

customers on this new scheme will be expecting the wc that gets them to have certain systems in place, take the text alert for example, not everyone offers that, but its very easy to add to your business, we do ours from a dedicated mobile phone on a commercial contract that cost £30 a month, which is nothing, very easy and cheap to add and so on.

there will be nothing corupt or hidden, it will be a genuine business which im starting, with regards to your second question, different customers will be worth different amounts to different wc.

All i can say is this, it will be cheaper and better than leafleting on large scales and paying other companies to knock doors for you.

andyM

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2010, 05:42:54 pm »
Does the idea you have work along similar lines as Rated Tradesman website and others Lee?
Or is it genuinely an idea that has never been used before?
One of the Plebs

Lee Pryor

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2010, 05:48:53 pm »
Does the idea you have work along similar lines as Rated Tradesman website and others Lee?
Or is it genuinely an idea that has never been used before?

I kid you not NOTHING else like this exists and will work using methods which i created for my own business which have already been proven and sucessful for us.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2010, 05:58:24 pm »
I want all the customers and i will pay the most as all the customers will be serviced by window cleaners that have paid me a healthy sum for training to enter the profession equipped for this new age and an ongoing charge for all the work i have for them.
Anything that drives up the cost of people having their windows cleaned has got to be a good thing.

boshravie

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2010, 11:12:37 pm »
Hi lee, well done, I think like the other member said on here, there should be more entrepreneur like you on this forum, good luck, and when you ready, count me in as one of your 1st applicant. 

kate1

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2010, 06:09:26 am »
Hopefully I dont think that that the window cleaning industry is viewed like that any more, you have your corporate image, sign painted vans, embroidered work wear, websites, paypal, personally I think that times are moving forward, dont underestimate yourselves

Steve CM

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2010, 06:20:02 am »
dont underestimate yourselves

The biggest mistake you see time and time again

Lee Pryor

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2010, 12:38:43 pm »
Hopefully I dont think that that the window cleaning industry is viewed like that any more, you have your corporate image, sign painted vans, embroidered work wear, websites, paypal, personally I think that times are moving forward, dont underestimate yourselves

Very true Kate, however, when lets say at a party someone your talking to asks what do you do? Of course I always say "im a window cleaner" then "the look" comes on their face and in their eyes, you all know the look dont you! haha

kate1

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2010, 12:48:38 pm »
It will always have a stigma - but .............................

If we are are all honest with ourselves, times Do move on, but the attitude needs to come from within.  IF YOU THINK your a window cleaner, rather than a part of the community, or a business, thats going to be the downfall.  YOUR NOT, your in an industry that provides a service.  Be littlttling is only a factor that comes from oneself if you visualise yourself like that, so will everybody else

clarkson

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2010, 01:17:22 pm »
Very true Kate, however, when lets say at a party someone your talking to asks what do you do? Of course I always say "im a window cleaner" then "the look" comes on their face and in their eyes, you all know the look dont you! haha

I agree what makes me smile inside is that the person you are talking to with 'the look' is probably killing themselves in an office 40 hours a week for a boss they hate for 20 k a year. and they look down on us!

I suspect this isnt your idea but i have thought for a long time that we could form a consortiom for marketing purposes. For instance if a 100 forum members chipped in a grand each per annum that would just about cover a sales manager and a rep or a telesales team.

Each could have there own geographic area which would be targeted equally and they would get the work gained in that area.

An extension of this would then be to take on the big nationals and get hotel chains ect. each member of the consortiom could go and quote the sites in his area and those sites would be theres if the national contracts where gained.

just a few random thoughts i had when out canvassing tired and fed up once.

Out of interest lee how do you structure your canvasser salary, commission, or bit of both. do they quote the jobs for you or just generate the leads for you to follow up.

I have been trying to find someone but there has been no real interest in the job.

cheers
john

kate1

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2010, 01:23:26 pm »
I think you have to go along with the lines of "a quiet confidence" no need to prove anything.  As long as you believe in yourself thats all you need really

Count Phil

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2010, 02:37:02 pm »
thats a good idea clarkson.

kate1

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2010, 02:56:56 pm »
Its a very difficult situation to deal with, BUT it can be done, as long as everybody is kept happy.  Thing on our side without sounding to up our own asses.  We have the IT, and I really dont want to sound know all feck all, we could do what Lee is trying to do, but we would be able to put Midas forward as part of the package  Also, as long as everbody plays ball  It would be quite a difficult situation, myself, I would go by postcode.  Its a horrendous task to try and sort.

Main benefector for me is keeping everybody happy

kate1

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2010, 03:00:03 pm »
Thats fine Ewan

BUT unless you take a different view YOUR NOT JUST A WINDOW CLEANER

The mindset has to turn around, I can honestly say I dont know how.  But I think you have to put a value on your business whatever you do,  Dosent matter, whether you a plumber, electrician, you have to give your business status, and I think things are moving on.  Window cleaners arent just that, its how you portray yourself

kate1

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2010, 04:22:51 pm »
Um dont see its menial, youve just labelled it, like I said mindset and portrayal of yourself.  Anything can be a success as long as portrayed in the right way.  Im a freelance telesales person, worked for alot of different people.  PAT testing being one of them lot of volume calls but Im representing the person I work for, so I have to have to be of a particular manner.  If you instill that manner, it will always be in peoples mindset, if you portray yourself as a professional, that will stay in their minds also

Whose saying about being self employed I have been for 12 years. 

I understand your point Ewan, but rather than putting it down big it up - what can we do on this forum to make it work for all. Myself I have to be positive about everything - but yes of course I take your points to be valid, I just see a bigger picture what can we do?

kate1

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2010, 04:53:09 pm »
Ok mate

what do you fancy doing?

What are you good at?

Most small businesses derive from a hobby

Paul Coleman

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2010, 04:55:54 pm »

The reaction I've had is "That's OK !!"  I just reply with a smile "Yes, I know it is"

I couldn't resist at one party I went to though.
I said I was a doctor and I carried it off pretty well  ;D
Anyone who knows me will wonder how I carried it off but when suited and booted, I can be fairly eloquent for half an hour until the halo slips  ;)

kate1

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2010, 04:59:17 pm »
nice one