This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Van set up Alterations
« on: September 17, 2005, 08:57:04 pm »
Hi everyone,

As usual when I take a day off, my mind works overtime and my wife gets annoyed!!! So today I completed some modifications on my van. So for all those interested pics are below.

The reason for the modifications is to preserve my DI resin and also have an easy way of emptying the van tank.

So this is what I have done. I have split the water feed coming out of the pump!!!! I have created a direct feed from the pump to the DI bottle, for my final polishing and production of a TD’s reading of 0. The other feed leaving the pump, will go direct to another outlet for my poles. This one has a TD’s reading of 10.

Now I have done this, because on my first cleans, I go through a lot of water and always wash all the frames down first before starting the windows, so doing it this way, I can use my 10 TD’s on the initial frames clean, then revert to the 0 TD’s for the window clean.

Picture 1 shows the inside panel (however, the tank drain has not been fitted yes)
Picture 2 is the outer casing, this shows three tap end connectors, the top one is 0 TD’s the middle is 10 TD’s and the bottom is to empty the tank.
Picture 3 is of the splitter (although this is a cheap plastic one, I have a brass one on order)
Picture 4 is all the kit back in.

Hope this inspires some of you

Andrew

Re: Van set up Alterations
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 08:57:30 pm »
 ;D

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 09:14:11 pm »
What a clean looking set-up Andrew.  Works well in an LDV cos of the size and height.

Does NOT inspire me though - it petrifies me.  I may be a good w/c but an a bl---y awful DIY er.

Did you ply line it all as well ?

Looks the bus - not at all like the inside of mine !!!!! ;D
Sarah

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 09:22:08 pm »
HI yet again Sarill, lol

What can I say!? I like things neat. Plus doing it this way, stops passers by from robbing any of the equipment.

The whole floor area is ply lined and the boxing is in MDF. If I like the new set up, I will rip the old boxing out and put new boxing in, just to make it neater.

If you look at this thread:

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=10742.0

you will see the inside of the back. Although it is has more poles and equipment in it now.

Andrew

H h20

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 09:27:53 am »
Like i said before Andrew,if you keep showing your skills,you may end up with a lot of orders and won`t have time to do any cleaning  :D ,looks proper neat,Gaz.

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 06:50:12 pm »
hi andrew howzit going.

i tell you guys something thats one clean setup. i have seen it personally puts me to shame mine is all bunged in my van ..lol

shawn ;D
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 08:47:58 pm »
HI Everyone

Thanks Gaz, however, i think the wife would kill me if i started doing vans!!!! She says, between the business the bloody WFP (as she says it) and the pc, she has me about 1 hour a day. So doing the vans also would be asking for trouble lol.

Hi Shawn, its goping good this end mate, apart from the few probs i had during the week. Thanks for the comments on the van and i am sure if you had time, you would do your van  :P

Andrew