Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garry22

'Google First Page Allocations Dept.'
« on: September 16, 2010, 04:15:44 pm »
Yet another aggressive SEO company selling something that no one looks for!

Just had a rather aggressive salesperson offer me 1st page on Google within 24 hours. He offered me a term that gets no searches as usual.

He went off with a flea in his ear. I checked the number at a useful site called http://whocallsme.com and it seems I'm not the only one. Here's a quote off the site.

We just had a call from this company. they claimed to be the 'Google First Page Allocations Dept.'
When we told the caller that he was lieing, he then changed to say his company represent Google. Again we told him he was lieing, so he decided to claim to have a contract with Google to put people on the first page etc.

Of course, he didn't get our business.

The number they called from is 0161 637 2248Caller: Worldwide Marketing Solutions

It's yet another company who thinks we are gullible thickos and ripe for a rip off. So if that number shows up, you know what to expect.

Adam P

Re: 'Google First Page Allocations Dept.'
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 04:19:31 pm »
so many of these around just have to accept it and either hang up, or keep them going for as long as possible. simple way to get ride of them is ask the term and then say you're already there number one position. if they check and say you aren't, ask who is there, then the first one they list say it's your other site. results in them hanging up pretty quickly.

clinton

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:13:18 pm »
Looks like a manchester number then not that far from me,yep if your not on divert keep them on or i put the phone next to my radio station with rock radio on ;D they will soon fk off ;D

Simon Moat

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 05:32:00 pm »
Hi guys,

Aswell as the Manchester mob other 'companies' who really pull my wires are the Liverpool bunch who claim to be one of the emergency services putting together a brochure/wallplanner etc etc, absolute scum of the earth on a level with pedo's.

Yep, they get it both barrell's and then some!

Simon.

clinton

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 05:34:23 pm »
Most of them are just graduates or students following scripts too ;D

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 06:35:39 pm »
 ;D  ;D  ;D ........Just as i finished reading this thread and got in the van,
they ring me :o .......how spooky is that.The same thing happened a few months ago after i read a thread about the scouse scammers.When he phoned today i burst out laughing,he said what's so funny(in a aggressive tone),i explain i had just read about them on a carpet cleaning forum and mention (among other things) about them being aggressive.He said (in a aggressive tone),do i sound aggressive to you ..."i just like to call a spade a spade"he claimed.Anyway i just did my usual trick,i asked him what number he was calling me on and said could he call me straight back on another number(that transfers to my mobile) because i like to keep this number free for customers.When they ring straight back i have a number of options in my growing repertoire.I sometimes hang up on them so they get the picture or answer in a indian voice pretending to be an indian restaurant and insist they order our house special or get my 9 year old daughter to scream as load as she can down the phone when they ring back.I used to dredd these calls....now i can't wait to have some fun. ;)
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 07:18:47 pm »
The epicentre of the British scam industry Liverpool-St helens-Manchester
How come they are always from that area >:(
No disrespect to the genuine people from that area but every phone call I have ever received trying to sell wall planners, colouring books, police/fire/ambulance diaries are from that area.