This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gaza

news night thats it then
« on: September 16, 2005, 11:00:44 pm »
HSE have stated they are going to tighten up the regs so ladders will almost be banned wish my old customers were watching.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Terry_Burrows

Re: news night thats it then
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 11:08:09 pm »
they never said ladders will be no more for ever ::)lets wait for the paper work ???
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

rosskesava

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 11:13:46 pm »
Hi Gaza

You must have a dartboard with pictures of ladders on it and throw dart at them vodoo style.

Cheers

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 11:17:12 pm »
Yes but you can still bamboozle your customers with h&s regs

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 11:21:55 pm »
Hi everyone,

OK, first things first, 95% of my work is WFP and the other 5% traditional. However, I do not use ladders.

We have all argued and argued about traditional and wfp and which is better etc. But I put this to you.

You may be married, you may have kids, you may have a mortgage, you may have loans etc etc.

What price can you put on your safety?????????????

Your up a ladder, you have done it for years, you haven’t had an accident, then one day, oooppps. Sprained wrist or ankle/ broken arm/ leg, broken back or even worse, you loose your life.

Why, because you took the risk.

Who then looks after your family? Pays your bills?

Anyone and I do mean anyone can have an accident, it doesn’t matter how careful you are. You can slip getting out of the shower, you can fall down the stairs and yes, you can fall of a ladder.

The HSA may seem to be out of order, costing you your lively hood etc, but it may just save your life.

WFP technology is getting cheaper and cheaper. Any window cleaner out there making proper living cleaning windows cannot seriously say he or she cannot afford a wfp setup.

Well this will probably start more arguments, but what I am trying to put into your minds is your safety is more important than anything else.

Andrew

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 11:23:46 pm »
Andrew

well said mate

dave

gaza

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 11:24:29 pm »
ross:no mate just predicted several months ago give it two years when hse realise that more of our lives are being saved,someones got to get a pat on the back in the hse world,so if its in their 10% saving falls from hight target we will be okay God help us if its not.

JUST INSIGHT
I USE WFP ON EVERY COMMERCIAL JOB AND LADDERS ON 80% DOMESTIC STILL. With a rojak used at every climb and ladder mits

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 11:27:30 pm »
HSA HSE who cares?

You fall off a ladder and die.
You go to get your wfpoles from your roof rack, a bus hits you, you die, you get your pole 40ft up the wind gets it falls on an old lady she dies.
What are the odds??
Anyone done a proper statistical survey?  I think not
I wish I'd gone into insurance, it's all gravy!!!!

Pj

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 04:15:15 am »
WFP technology is getting cheaper and cheaper. Any window cleaner out there making proper living cleaning windows cannot seriously say he or she cannot afford a wfp setup.

They who dare WIN....

You may be married, you may have kids, you may have a mortgage, you may have loans etc etc.

I sold insurance for a very short while and one of the hooks they taught was tell the woman to look at the man as if he was a fruit machine that paid out every time she had a go, so get him to insure himself..

As for news night I'm out and about this weekend dropping cards in all the local bussiness's (the item may have sparked awareness and intrest)
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

mark f

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 02:08:13 pm »
after watching both programmes and reading the mail article i think the bloke who spoke the most sense was the hse man!!

You had the nfmwc bloke (no names needed) who probably in all honesty has some very good common sense ideas with regard to ladder use and the law but is clearly  biased and then the wc academy man ( again no names) who said we have to move with the times and use wfp which is the safer alternative, (or words to that effect) and again is obviously biased.

But the hse man who said that window cleaners can still use ladders when it is safe and sensible to do so after having first considered the alternatives. Now that is common sense.

Do a risk assesment if wfp is no good then use ladder safely. Case closed! (till they tighten up yet again)!!!!

Bet better still get that system sorted! :-\

dai

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 09:12:45 pm »
Not one single prosecution up to now. If a guy hasn't got, or can't afford a WFP set up then there is no alternative to consider.
It will take a law lords ruling to sort this out, and thats before any human rights issues are considered.
If you want to strap on a paraglider pack and leap off a cliff, you can, it's up to you.It's your right.
 Are they going to legislate against riding horses and motorcycles?
 I don't think so. How many riders are killed every year?
You can take all the risks you want if its for fun, if your trying to earn an honest quid, It's a no no.
Nobody want's to see employees put in any danger by exploitive employers.
For Gods lets let the sole trader decide for himself.
I have nearly had accidents last week with WFP, caused mainly by forgetting to look behind before stepping back. Trashed a few plants too.
What's happened to good old common sense? Dai

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 09:26:23 pm »
Ban all nurses!
Their job simply is not safe, however you look at it.  Hospitals are full of MRSA, poo & vomiting bugs out of control, not to mention the threatening idiots dragged in from their binge drinking, etc, etc, etc.
So who is volunteering to replace them?  Any safety conscious windowcleaners?
Get Newsnight ridiculing reporters to see how they can improve things for nurses, instead of trying to pour petrol on our trade.  On second thoughts maybe don't.

The nurses don't need demoralizing by idle commentators with no real story, and no real help.

Pj