This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Missy dusty

How do you wash your micro fibre cloths
« on: August 24, 2010, 06:15:11 pm »
 Evening peeps,not sure if this is a silly question,but my mind started working over time the other day as to which way is the most economical/hygenic way to wash your microfibre cloths,and less damaging to them.
  I normally stick them on a rinse only,but now Im thinking of bacteria still might lurk on the cloths,and stay in my washing machine  :o  Ive never put them on a half load due to the consumption of water being used every day  or ever used a washing powder on them as I dont want to ruin the micro fibre,so Im interested to know how others wash theres . 

BDCS

Re: How do you wash your micro fibre cloths
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 06:56:21 pm »
We have a machine that washes ours automatically - they go on a 40 wash with my work towels but don't use fabric softener. If they go in with the sewage towels its a 60 wash. I am no expert in domestic chores - I dump them in the utility room and some time after they emerge clean

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 07:10:28 pm »
Wash,them,at,least,75c,to,kill,bacteria,i,use,biological,detergent,with,no,fabric,soft
Spit and polish

Missy dusty

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:14 pm »
 Mmm,I only have the option of 60 or 90 wash ,not sure Im gonna want to be doing a 90 wash every day though ::)

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:44:22 pm »
Buy more so you only have to do them weekly
Jason,whats,all,the,commas,about?

Missy dusty

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 10:22:20 pm »
Eeek :o think of all those cloths Id be left to dry at the end of the week.

garyj

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 01:08:27 am »
Rub them together and they clean each other without the use of soap or chemicals  :P

suffolkclean

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 08:02:21 am »
We have loads of cloths when used/dirty they go in a big bucket in our garage, then end of the week boil wash with washing powder then tumble dry.

Missy dusty

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 02:50:33 pm »
 Mmm,think this will be the better option ,hate the thought of having to dry all those cloths in my tumble dryer..only because Im the sort of person that only uses it if I really  need to..but I suppose it beats putting the washing machine on every day and on a 90 wash once a week ,at least I dont have to worry about germs lurking ..thanks. ;) 

BDCS

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 05:28:45 pm »
If your concerned about germs soak them in 429 or the like then wash them at 40. If you don't like to tumble then hang them on the washing line.

dianegreenwood

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 08:18:32 pm »
I do at least a full wash load every night and can't imagine how long it would take to hang them all on the line lol  My neighbours (quite rightly) would think i'd gone mad!

Missy dusty

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 09:20:21 pm »
I do at least a full wash load every night and can't imagine how long it would take to hang them all on the line lol  My neighbours (quite rightly) would think i'd gone mad!

Lol,mmm,me thinks Id have a job squeezing them on the line with all my family weekly wash too,my neighbour runs a cleaning biz too , so i dont want her to fink the fast amount of cloths I have on the line ,means Im doing better than her . ;D  Tumble dryer it will be.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 08:25:14 pm »
My,space,button,on,laptop,wont,work ;D
Spit and polish

BDCS

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 09:59:26 pm »
I,ordered,my,new,pc,today ;D

gordonswindows

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 10:43:25 pm »
Get the staff to take them home once a week pay them a fiver, tax deductible and tell them if they don't wash them or forget t o bring them they don't get to do the job

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

dianegreenwood

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 07:43:44 am »
Nice take on industrial relations gordon, do you have staff lol

Missy dusty

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 09:04:12 pm »
 Thankyou for your replies guys,I work on my own by the way,and for the last two weeks Ive been saving up my dirty cloths for the end of the week ,washed them on a 90 then tumble dried for 20 mins,its great so much easier now thanks.
  A friend of mine also passed me on a tip , a guy she cleans for ,uses old clothing for drying/buffing up cloths,I cut up a few old John Lewis towelling sheets I dont use no more ,and have been using them in place of the micro fibre cloths  ,its great ,I can wash them on a 90 and not have to worry about the wear n tear :)

gordonswindows

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 10:08:35 pm »
Hi Diane

Yes we have 32 staff at present with over 70% of them having been with us for five years or more

Oh and we won employer of the year 2010

So mmmm yes we do have staff lol
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

dianegreenwood

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 10:43:20 am »
Hi Gordon

I know you employ staff mate as I value your postings to the forum. I was just joking because your suggestion that if they forget to bring the cloths they can't work was funny and I was imagining the reaction I would get from my team!

My commercial team do wash their own cloths and it works very well, and when I go away one of my domestic team does the domestic cloth washing for me but unless they've got a tumble dryer its not possible for the team to wash their own cloths and with domestic cleaning once you get to a decent size the cloth washing isn't a load a week its 2 loads a night - about 15kg as I have a fairly large washer!

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 07:16:09 pm »
steam em use them for windowcleaning they get a bit grubby i have a steam gun cost me£30 i peg them out on the line a blast them til they am clean works saves time  8)