Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

faux suede sofas.
« on: August 21, 2010, 10:01:33 pm »
I went to look at some beige faux suede sofas this week with a view to cleaning them next week,one was particulary
 dirty with news print marks on the arms were the newspaper had constantly been left.Will this come out and will it take some heavy aggitation to do so.Can these fabrics be aggitated heavily or will I have to be quite delicate

dave123

Re: faux suede sofas.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 10:30:21 pm »
Suprisingly enough Wayne these are lovely to clean .Clean as you would normally .You will be suprised at the result . However word of warning some do ripple when wet cleaned , but don't panic they settle down when dry .

Dave

davep

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 11:33:19 pm »
Don't use any cleaners containing solvents as they can cause delimitation, just warn custy it may not all come out and your onto a winner if it does  ;)

fitz2kleen

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 12:06:35 am »
Don't use any cleaners containing solvents as they can cause delimitation, just warn custy it may not all come out and your onto a winner if it does  ;)

What does that mean 'delimitation'

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 12:26:49 am »
Same thing as delamination before the beer ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

fitz2kleen

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 07:23:15 am »
Same thing as delamination before the beer ;D

aahhh we have a whole new terminology for problems on a saturday night??
im with you now  ;D

Graeme@Access

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 06:28:03 pm »
Hi,

Sadly there is some alacantara out there that uses a water based glue. So its solvent clean only. Not seen one, so they must be pretty rare, but they exist. As with everything we do, test it first.

Best advice i can give on cleaning V dirty buffalo is to towel it down a lot, you dont get suction through it, therefore recovery is low. The towel down then re-clean then towel down usually does the trick.

Ikea sell cheap white towels, but you get strange looks if you buy >50 of them  ;)

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions

murky

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 04:34:19 pm »
Go to your local hairdressing suppliers.

Thats where I get mine from, bag of a dozen for tenner I think. Get your hydrogen peroxide there as well.

Murky

davep