This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andy east sussex

still very worried
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:18:01 pm »
right i have now put ok 15k of leaflets basically no window work come in at all but plenty of carpet cleaning so i know the leaflet works but now got to a point of not knowing what to do im concidering going over some of the ground which looks like could do with a window cleaner, but need bit of advice of how to go about it any advise would be great as door knocking is the last step i can handle

leights

Re: still very worried
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:20:22 pm »
cant understand y people dont like knocking doors,
better than all the rest

cleewindows

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:21:30 pm »
hire a canvasser!
im going to,leaflets are a waste of time!

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 08:23:53 pm »
knock a door,  i bought 10000 flyers waste of money,  got more from knocking and using them as business cards

lyndy

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 08:59:57 pm »
Try a flyer with just w/c on?

rg1

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 09:03:27 pm »
Have to agree, door knocking has got me more work than flyers.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

dave.e

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 09:54:24 pm »
hi guys i have got all my work about 800 customers all from flyers :P and i have never knocked on one door don;t see the point but thats just me :)

mci services

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 09:58:04 pm »
I really find it hard to believe that 15 thousand leaflets have produced no window cleaning, there has to be something terribly wrong with the window cleaning part of the leaflet to produce nothing, can you not show the wording at least so we can see what's wrong

tws

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 10:13:32 pm »
i would love to see the leaflet, i delivered a few hundred last week already had 2 jobs of them value £800 not window cleaning but same principle what's in it for the new customer ? are you giving them a reason to ring you ? business is a 2 way thing you,v got to hook em make them come to you i don't care if the first cleans free or charge for the front back done free any way you want to play it but give them a reason to use you, you can always adjust the price later ;D just wondering how did you get 15k leaflets out was thay delivered by you or with a free rag.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 10:18:49 pm »
right i have now put ok 15k of leaflets basically no window work come in at all but plenty of carpet cleaning so i know the leaflet works but now got to a point of not knowing what to do im concidering going over some of the ground which looks like could do with a window cleaner, but need bit of advice of how to go about it any advise would be great as door knocking is the last step i can handle

Use your flyers as an introduction.  If the flyer says what it needs to about you, when you knock on the door all you have to do is show a copy of the flyer and say "I put one of these through your door a couple of days ago"

What could be easier?

Richard Neal

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 10:25:31 pm »
tws has a good point, did you deliver them yourself or were they in a free paper? are you sure theyre not dumped in a hedge somewhere?
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

mikecam

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 10:31:19 pm »
If you don't like knocking doors the tell your existing customers that you need some more new buisness and do they know anyone else who might need theirs doing, at least you may get an address,name and an introduction, not quite so bad as cold calling. Might make it easier for you?

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 10:50:20 pm »
for most of us andy we had to get out there knocking week after week after week!

when i started 16 years ago i went out every weekend for 6 months!

bite the bullet and start canvassing or stick to the carpet cleaning!!there is no room for shyness or "i dont like disturbing people" malarkey!obviously the leaflets are not working so you know what to do if you want to build a solid regular window cleaning round!

what is it thats holding you back mate? ???

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 11:03:14 pm »
knocking doors is like pulling women the more you knock the more chance you have,  the worst any one every says is no,

just think of the money, i average 18 ph and i dont rush i am lazy really,  i have a bro in law who is a spark with loads of qualifications and he is only on 12 ph and he and his misses think they are the dogs, because he is so well payed  lol    they are in debt up to there eye balls,  i got no debt, car, van, system all payed for  she owes 35 on a catalogue and that is it,  not bad for a thicko window cleaner who couldnt get a proper job

tws

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 11:22:28 pm »
andy is it because you,v only got 1 arm  :D go on you can tell us we are  like family on here, no seriously i think somebody somewhere is sitting on your leaflets theres no way you would get no replies from that many i want an inquest  :o

andy east sussex

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 11:23:54 pm »
i deliverd them my self and help from my dad as well so i know all leaflets were droped proply so yes starting next week i will start door knocking and see how it goes

Jackal

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 11:29:54 pm »
leaflets are a bit slow getting the work but thats taking the p**s, if you havnt had nothing from them window cleaning wise then it must be the leaflet you made,start again or go knocking,i hated door knocking personally so brought a round and just leaflet now and then when i can be arsed,i never wanted door knock incase i knew the person,for some reason id feel like a loser

mci services

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 11:30:41 pm »
i deliverd them my self and help from my dad as well so i know all leaflets were droped proply so yes starting next week i will start door knocking and see how it goes

andy how were the window cleaning part worded? I started a round with a black and white leaflet filled with mistakes and printed on tesco value paper, there has to be something wrong not to get a return on the windows

and yes I agree knockings quicker etc

andy east sussex

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 11:37:59 pm »
basically goes like this

100% pure water cleaning up to 4th floor

free quotes given

affordable, professinal & approachable

inside windows can be cleaned on request

fully insured

basically ive kept it simple and to the point

andy east sussex

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 11:39:55 pm »
i thought and keep thinking its because i only have mobile number at present for customers to call but if that was the problem i wouldnt get carpet jobs through