Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: LM Cleaning
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 02:59:05 pm »

I've seen more than a couple of good people 'chased' off these forums for challenging the TM fraternity.

yeah this chap carpetzest.co.uk  went away winging and came back with a new username!  :D

Hello Tony,

Hey, I'm over the moon you remembered the name of my business!  (Seriously)....   but a bit worried that you'd take so much interest in me that you'd remember my business name. After all I was only around this forum for 3 weeks!   ...... a stalker... yay!

I'd try and remember your business name, but of course you don't state any details of your business here; not the website, not the name, contact details, nothing; despite it being a clear opportunity to gain traffic, exposure and help with SEO.    Mmmmmm, what does that say?  Let's guess; it's so we mere mortals can't all 'copy' your perfect website, your perfect marketing, and your perfect business ......... of course.    I know a dreamer and a low self-esteem subject when I see one.   It's ok to be you Tony..... no, I mean the REAL you.   ;)

I'm a bit confused who you are posting this from, is this comment from david or dean?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 03:03:58 pm »
Good to see you back David and using your proper name.

One of the downsides of this forum is that every so often someone seems to get the flack off a minority, and that minority changes over periods of time.
Dont know whether you guys know it but elsewhere this forum is called "Scream It Up", because thats how it goes every so often. Because of things like that, this forum is not the first recommendation of mine to anyone.  
I personally think David got the rough end a few weeks ago and it takes some determination to comeback.
In another post David says he got malicious phone calls and one at 1am, and then abusive texts.
That is way out of order and someone really does have a problem that needs seeing to. If its YOU, get yourself sorted.

Well there you are, I have stuck my head up, just going bob down now to dodge some flack maybe.

Dave Roberts

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 03:41:22 pm »
Hi Mike,

Pretty straightforward - the post you have quoted is from me (as you can see above) quoting a post from your friend Tony20, and sub-quoting a post from Dean Wilson.

Out of interest Mike, regardless what you may think of me, it's very interesting that someone with Joe's credibility can give an honest and truthful account of the type of forum this has become.   'scream it up' is a good description.    There seems to be  culture of 'cliques', bullying, and beating up anyone new who has an opinion that differs from the 'old crowd'. 

As a member of Cleantalk and Cleaning Pros forums, they both manage to conduct good, sensible discussion on our industry, without the culture of bullying that seems to be supported here.  (And yes, they're still a good laugh and yes there are still disagreements but they're voiced more rationally and respectfully).

I clearly upset the apple cart here, purely because of a bias towards low moisture methods in our industry.  Fair enough.   But to receive a call at 1am from one of the members here (as follows) is pretty shocking, I hope you'd agree;

Caller: "Hello is that Carpetzest?"

Me: "Er yes but it's ten past one, could you call back tomorrow"

Caller: "Yes but I just want to check that you have a truckmount and your not some cheapskate who'll come to my house with a hoover and some shake n vac and call it dry carpet cleaning"

Me: "Very funny. Who is this?"

Caller: "Get a proper business or get the f*** out of this industry".

I want to say at this point that individuals are responsible for their own actions and I don't blame this forum for some idiot taking things way out of hand.  But if you are the overall moderator of this forum Mike (which I believe you are), perhaps you could reflect on how things have become around here ............. or of course, you're the boss, so you could do nothing.

Why have I come back here?   Because, for all the sad little men needing to inflate their egos, there are great people here with good discussions and information.  I've never been one to cut my nose of to spite me face.   

Regards,

David.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 04:54:28 pm »
Dave lots of point to answer, as for your accusation that you have had malicious phone calls JOIN THE CLUB!!! I've had loads.... the worst was when I said window cleaning isn't a skilled job I had 3 invitations to sort it out like men on  a m62 service station :D :D

I always think that" no one kicks a dead dog", if you stand up for your beliefs then people will disagree with you but its up to you to fight your corner, if you look below you can see nearly 600 people have logged on today of course we all won't agree,

my wife is a mental health nurse. she says 4% of the population suffer from some kind of mental illness which means of them 600 12 are actually mentally ill :o :o :o so what do you expect :D :D

lets put the passed behind us life's too short to be bothered by people who don't share our own opinions.

off to pick up my lad.... type more later... but welcome back :)

jasonl

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2010, 05:24:53 pm »
Only 4% ,  diagnosed  ;D
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Dave Roberts

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2010, 05:30:20 pm »

Thanks for a good spirited post Mike.... it's appreciated.

Perhaps we need a resident mental health nurse here on the forum!

Cheers,
Dave.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2010, 05:35:52 pm »
The truth is he couldn't take the heat the first time around, got all emotional and left, slamming the door behind him. Fair enough.
Then ( as predicted) gets himself a new username and tries to trick us all into thinking that in the space of only a few weeks there are to fanatics of LM methods, both as passionate as the other that everyone else except him has got carpet cleaning sussed ;D ;D
And then, when it was obvious we aren't all fools is forced to come clean and drop his false mask, but doesn't have the common decency to do it with good grace, but instead decides to lash out with personal attacks which will do nothing more than ensure that even more people think he's a complete and utter joke than previously did. ;D ;D ;D

Simon

Dave Roberts

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2010, 05:37:43 pm »
Simon - read Mike's post above, then read mine underneath. Then reflect.

We've all grown up. Come along with us.

Dave.

clinton

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2010, 05:39:13 pm »
David you can get that call traced mate ???Might be worth it too for a small cost ???

Dave Roberts

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2010, 05:44:49 pm »
Hiya Clinton,

The call was withheld mate (predictably!)..... the wife and I had a big discussion the following day on whether we should report it to the Police.   For 2 weeks I didn't know anything about who was reponsible but as often happens, people who do stupid things can't help but tell other people.  The person who made the call (who is a member of this forum, no doubt as well as others) emailed a group of people, laughing about what he'd done.  I subsequently got to here about it, from someone who felt what he'd done was unacceptable.  I decided to lay it to rest and chalk it up.  Hopefully this person even partly regrets what he did and it won't happen again.

Cheers,
Dave.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2010, 05:52:04 pm »
David,

Whether you got that phone call or not we will never know, as we only have your word for it, as we only have your word for it that you know the name of the person who made the call - all very convenient, don't you think?

Simon

Dave Roberts

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2010, 05:57:15 pm »
Dear me Simon.   Last word freak?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2010, 06:17:08 pm »
David,
Now that you been 'OUTED' are you going to be man enough to apologies to all the people who you had conversations with under the guise of Dean Wilson?

Simon

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2010, 06:48:03 pm »
Dean/David, get a life mate! Man up and grow a set! honestly I wont even bother replying to your dribble and quite frankly i didn't even bother reading half of it.

p.s. stop SNORTING your very very very low moisture dry carpet cleaning powder!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2010, 07:51:40 pm »
David,
Now that you been 'OUTED' are you going to be man enough to apologies to all the people who you had conversations with under the guise of Dean Wilson?

Simon

That's rich coming from you!

Another arguement I think I'll stick to other forums.

Shaun

Dave Roberts

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2010, 08:07:46 pm »
You see Simon, as you can see form Shaun's post above (no it's me using a different ID for god's sake, ask Mike to verify if you think Shaun is 'me' too), for everyone who thinks you mean something around here, there are others who see the arrogant dinosaur that you are.     Believe me Simon, there are MANY people on here who have supported me and who believe that it is a good thing that I have challenged people like you. 

I will apologise to people;   for rising to your constant 'flaming' and baiting and keeping this pathetic thread going.   You really are going on like a silly child Simon. Drop it and move on. You're maknig yourself look silly, trust me.   I settled my score with Mike H earlier in this thread, like adults.  You are dragging the level down to the only place you seem to be able to cope with it.  Go and clean some ships and cool down!  ;D

As for Tony20; doesn't warrant the wear on the keyboard to send a reply.  You were sussed a heck of a lot before me as you very well know Mr Sheister.   ;)    You're a complete joke on this forum.   The expert in the playpen.

Mike - Any chance this thread can be locked / deleted, purely so that Simon and his 'mini-me' are forced to let things lie and grow up?

Dean Wilson

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2010, 08:11:27 pm »
Dave,

If you don't need me any more, I'll be off then?

Cheers,

Dean.

Dave Roberts

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2010, 08:12:45 pm »

All done mate.  Cheers!

Dave.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2010, 08:18:32 pm »
David the problem is you do use the same ip address as Dean so whether you both live down the same street or share a computer some thing is a bit fishy ;)

but todays newspaper is tomorrow's fish & chip wrapping ( remember when they wrapped fish & chips in old newspapers?) meaning everything is forgotten very quickly.

another good quote is you are only as good as your last post so ignore the crap and concentrate on making good contributions to the forum (after all you do have a vast knowledge of Lm)

jasonl

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2010, 08:24:04 pm »
So ,,,, to summarise ,,, LM cleaning is mostly inferior to TM cleaning.

LM cleaning is mostly more profitable to TM cleaning.

It really is common sense,  once my next property deal sells I will be getting a TM ,  because I can  and to avoid tax ,  I would not buy one on finance or if I was not in need of some business expense.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings