This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bad trippy

PDA
« on: August 07, 2010, 10:30:26 pm »
Iam not technicaly minded, cant even work the DVD player.
My mrs has spent hours and hours transfering our round information on the free George trial.
What she needs is for all the information to be loaded on to a PDA whatever a PDA is or stands for lol
I note from reading ppls posts on here that they use a hand held PDA? palm PDA?
Now i need to buy one of these gadgets and i need you lot to tell me where to get a good deal on one?
How much i should be paying for one?
And which ones are best?
What the bloody hell is a PDA  :-[ :-[ :-[
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

p1w1

Re: PDA
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 10:47:09 pm »
is it to be used for pocket george if so i have a palm m130 that i used to use for it can have it for £25 including delivery comes with a docking cradle that you connect to your pc and then at the end of the day you just simply pop the pda on it and press a button and it will sync the days work you done plus any paid debts and it will load the next days work on it at the same time....

Paul

bad trippy

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 10:50:24 pm »
is it to be used for pocket george if so i have a palm m130 that i used to use for it can have it for £25 including delivery...

Paul
Hi paul im not sure if its called pocket george, but it deffo george, its been down loaded free for 3 months.
Has my mrs downloaded the wrong george?
Its currently on our lappy

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 10:59:40 pm »
no mate..the main george program runs on your pc..there is also a little program add on (which is free from the george website) called pocket george this lets you use a palm pda (this is basically a little handheld device) you can then have the work your due for that day and debts on the handheld and you can just sync it with your pc at the end of the day and it will update the main program, basically it just cuts out the need for printing off your days round. To be honest if your not sure about using a pda  then for the time being it might be best to just print your work for the day from the main george program until you get a bit more used to it.

Here is a link to a palm pda http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=3216

Paul

bad trippy

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 11:15:36 pm »
is that the one you own on the link paul?
can u charge it on ciggy lighter?
can u get a waterproof cover for it?
sorry about all the questions mate lol

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 11:19:05 pm »
hi trippy im not that techy either!(but i can work the dvd player!! ;))

i spent hours inputting all my custies address/frequency/prices etc and i have to say it was worth it!its dead easy to use after a few weeks when you become familiar with it.

i personally dont bother with pocket george or worksheets now as i mostly work my round from a-z so i know what im cleaning from day to day.i look in george and see whats due then do what i can the next day then spend 10 mins in the evening updating.i make a mental note of custies who owe me 2 weeks and print invoices etc for the next days work.if i get any extra jobs in the day a jot them down in a notebook and again update in the evening.at the end of the week i print out a finance report for that week.very simple and works well for  a sole trader like me!!(a bit dumb or is it brain damaged?a bit of both i think!!) ;D ;D

hope this helps

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

bad trippy

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 11:29:15 pm »
well im totaly old school lol, the only pooter that was about in my day was space invaders lol
Anyway i wont be working this george malarky myself, i work wid the mrs and she does all the book work
If it was left to me i would just stick to the  little notebook, but shes finding bookwork so time consuming that we discussed a programme hoping it would free up time

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 11:33:33 pm »
is that the one you own on the link paul?
can u charge it on ciggy lighter?
can u get a waterproof cover for it?
sorry about all the questions mate lol

Yes mate same one I have I cover for it, not sure about the cig charger but it charges off the pc enough to last the day easily. If I was you unless you really need one I would just use George from the pc for a few weeks to then see if you really need a pda it does make things a bit quicker using one but you can get by without one.

Paul

bad trippy

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 11:36:15 pm »
my mrs who dosnt post on here will get it sussed mate unlike her hubby lol
How old is the pda mate and how much was it brand new?

bad trippy

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 11:14:21 am »
Paul if you want to email all your details i will buy it off you mate
camoman1965@hotmail.com

Richard 01903

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 11:47:18 am »
Hi is there a mobile that can take Gorge??
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 12:48:44 pm »
Hi is there a mobile that can take Gorge??

Palm Treo 680 if you can still get them or any of them that have the palm O/S

paul saunders

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 01:52:25 pm »
Just bought a m130 off of ebay for £5.05p  ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

concept

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 02:07:51 pm »
which is suitable for wcp?

i run windows 7 on laptop if that makes a difference.

p1w1

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 02:08:07 pm »
Paul if you want to email all your details i will buy it off you mate
camoman1965@hotmail.com

E-mail sent  :)

p1w1

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 02:10:34 pm »
Just bought a m130 off of ebay for £5.05p  ;D

Fair play, did that come with a docking cradle and covers etc? perhaps a look on there should be done first then trippy, when i was looking before they where going for around £30 including delivery..

paul

Spruce

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 02:16:07 pm »
Hi

Pocket George doesn't work with Windows 64 bit as there is a syncronisation problem. There is a work around which you will find by doing a search on this forum.
Windows XP SP3,  32 bit definitely works as that is what I use, and I believe that Windows 7 32 bit is also alright. However as the PC world is heading toward the 64 bit platform 32 bit will become less popular as programmes will be designed to run on the 'better' platform.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

bad trippy

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 04:56:57 pm »
ok this is getting complicated now, not hard for me
I have a brand new lappy its windows 7 and it 64 bit, so this means i cant work pocket george ???????

paul saunders

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 05:35:58 pm »
I think there is a problem sync'ing palms with 64bit windows O/S, I'm not sure about George having problems though.

P1W1, it came with cradle, discs and manual but no covers, except the flip cover.
There was three others on at the same time starting at a tenner, none of them sold.
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

p1w1

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 07:46:10 pm »
I think there is a problem sync'ing palms with 64bit windows O/S, I'm not sure about George having problems though.

P1W1, it came with cradle, discs and manual but no covers, except the flip cover.
There was three others on at the same time starting at a tenner, none of them sold.

A better deal then mine then trippy I'd go for one of them then not worth me selling mine for that.
Paul