Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Can some one explain this please
« on: August 01, 2010, 09:46:31 am »
From my understanding from the courss that I have attended a carpet should be rinsed and as much of the alkaline pre spray extracted or if not the alkaline residues can lead to quicker than usual resoiling.

Now there are products on the market such as Crystal Green and Double Clean that are high alkalinity but are sold and used as an additive to the extraction tank.

Isn't using these products going to leave the carpets alkaline and cause rapid resioling? ??? ??? ???

Mike Halliday

Re: Can some one explain this please
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 10:27:22 am »
firstly I have never seen any documented proof from a professional institute proving there is a direct link between PH & rapid re soiling.

to cause rapid resioilng we need the carpet to hold onto dirt either by being 'sticky' or perhaps  static.

I can see how chemicals that don't easily free rinse could stay in the carpet, but just because they are there doesn't positively make them sticky (so hold onto dirt)

prochem spend millions on product development and I'm sure they are very aware of the potential for their chemicals to cause the carpet to re-soil quicker, so will see the removal of this characteristic within their chemicals as of paramount importance.

I would surmise that any re-soiling issues with any chemical is due to user error ( mixing too high a dilution or failure to follow manufacturer's instructions to its use)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doug Holloway

Re: Can some one explain this please
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 10:41:32 am »
Hi Guys

As Mike says there is little evidence that pH is linked to resoiling but any chemical left in a carpet must have a potential for resoiling and this is where it is better to prespray the chemical,then rinse with pure water, maybe acid adjusted to neutralise alkalinity.

However a portable has less cleaning power than a TM and this is where I have found the need for an intank detergent, whereas becasue the TM delivers hotter water at higher pressure it will rinse much more effectively.

To assist the porty, agitation of the presparay is recommended if you wish to rinse with just water as this will have loosened the dirt.

Cheers

Doug