This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Whats the point of employing in this way?
« on: July 22, 2010, 11:07:22 pm »
Spoke to a fellow window cleaner who had 2 employees,

they all worked as a 3 man  team.... and he let slip they average @@@@ per day ....Thats ok if they are happy,

but alone i earn half of that !!.....

and if i push it ... two thirds.

So why employ lads when you dont make the money intended .

Am i missing the point?

Hope you lads who employ can answer please as i am genuine in wanting to know .

Cheers.

Re: Whats the point of employing in this way?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:43:50 am »
some times, it might be better to earn a little bit less and do a lot less work

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 06:36:17 am »
some times, it might be better to earn a little bit less and do a lot less work
;) ;) ;) ;)

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 07:13:43 am »
i have always wonder about this i know a few wc who work in gangs off three and four. I myself work on my own ,  i work steady away and try not to kill myself by working flat out.But by the time these lads have do there work spilt the money betwen three or four lads paid for cost etc and worked flat out all day just to get a wage off which i can get on my own surely they have to clean twice or more house than what i do im pleased i work on my own i price higher but fair as i work and at the end ok day what ever i earn i dont have to spilt with any one
                             gavin

Sean Dyer

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 07:21:00 am »
theres a team near me that go out 4 strong

must do a window each lol

it is wasted time they should do a house each and then maybe itd work but not all on same house to much unproductive time

Jack Wallace

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 07:26:02 am »
Building a business can take time, I have 2 men currently working in 1 van.
I am fully aware that if i separate them into a van each my profits would be better (for the type of work I have) but until I get enough work for the new guy plus a new van, (fully kitted out) etc etc, I keep them together.
Also this way, having been out and learned the round, when the new guy finaly goes out on his own he is up and running from day one having been shown all the work.
3 guys in 1 van though? not sure I would try that. They would get in each others way so cant see the point. (plus think of the smell in this weather)  ;D

tacky

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 09:12:20 pm »
some of these guys ar on dole .good money if u not have to pay tax n outgoings .

Jackal

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 09:13:59 pm »
theres a gang of 3 lads that come in my street where i live and do three houses between them not 1 each either cant understand them,i think a 2 man gang works ok but no more than that

birdymiller

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 10:39:45 pm »
If you employed someone just to knock on doors, put tickets in, move van they would earn you money. If they are able to clean a third of the house, knock on doors, put tickets etc etc they would earn you possibly £25-£35 a day. If you had 2 guys earning you £30 each a day you would earn an extra £60. Thats an extra couple of hundred a week on top of your wage. If im not mistaken that is why gangs of 2,3,or 4 are more profutable than 1 man bands. Sure there are times when you can get in each others way but if you are organised over a week you can be quids in. A mate of mine has a zafira takes 6 of them out even if they only make him £10 a day thats an extra 60 quid. You guys that work on your own when you are knocking on doors, waiting for custies to get money you are not earning. When you are doing your bit for the community talking to jim for 5 mins listening to his probs you are not earning. I agree that 2 men cant do double of 1 man band. If a window cleaner earns £25 and hour 2 of them doing same work wont earn £50. But get the right staff and get organised and you can do £40 an hour. Better than £25

dr clean

thank god for splash & d s winndows
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 11:46:03 pm »
gazza i would like to thankyou and dave. am now all up and runnin and makein good money now! on my own. i am a new starter :P but makein good income now. not mega but its thier and ready to make if you want it. its out thier its just going for it some dont" love it. love money.

supernova77

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 09:50:05 am »
I've been working on my own since 2005 - My brother helps me out sometimes, but mainly on my own.

I have much more than enough work for myself now, so I have just taken a guy on who will work for me 3 days a week, using my van and equipment, his pay will be 55% of all work completed.

I also took another guy on who canvasses for me every Wednesday, all day... He gets a basic day wage (to cover his fuel etc...) plus 100% of the first clean price for whoever he signs up.

I got bored of just working on my own so I'm trying to expand, hopefully this will work... I'm thinking of maybe franchising the business in the future.

Andy