Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jasonl

Re: Padding
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 12:40:53 pm »
No bother, I did not take it personally , I owned a TM for a few weeks last year , and found it to be useless, and my padding system cleaned far better,, not because of the TM , because I was untrained , and did not have a clue how to operate it.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

carpetmonsters

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 02:10:32 pm »
99% of my work is repeat and I only pad machines dont break earn very good money

Steve

Gary Webber

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 07:53:07 am »
I always find statements like this extremely funny:

"I find the secret to success with padding is not to exspect the carpet to come clean with a single pass of the bonnet, I find on  most carpets it takes 3 or 4 goes with extra pre-spray betreen stages.

this is why I find the speed quoted by companies who sell pad systems to be wrong  it takes me  just as long to pad as it does to HWE"

Coming from a person who gave us the  dry foam chair cleaning method video.!!  (a gem!)

Unfortunately you have to grasp the concept behind the method and the chemical/heat combination which provide you with a clean with  one or two passes of a pad

Regards

Gary

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 11:27:02 am »
Gary, I'm here to entertain :) :)

but I stand by my statement of all the bonneting I've done I've never achieved an acceptable result with a single pass of a bonnet ( or 2 passes) I've tried a number of pad system including ones that use heat and the result has been the same, numerous passes are needed to remove the dirt.

perhaps my standards are higher than yours as I aim for maximum soil removal not just a slight improvement in appearance ;)

but perhaps our difference in opinion come from the type of carpeting we are cleaning, my statement is based on domestic carpeting in all fibres not commercial/industrial carpets which  bonneting is usually used on.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 01:21:49 pm »
That's because you extract only a small amount of dirt to the pad. You are trying to evenly distribute the dirt across the whole of the carpet.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Gary Webber

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 02:45:42 pm »
Mike,

Glad to hear your standards are higher than mine! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The idea with pad systems incorporating heat is to induce the soil to rise to the surface and capture it using a minimal amount of moisture with maximum wetting ability, so as not  to "drown" the soil and prevent it rising upwards for capture within the pad over a short area.

Perhaps you must show me via video your method, as I have probably spent the last 11 years doing it totally wrong and I can inform all my customers/clients that there is a "new" method for them to experience.

jasonl

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 04:50:18 pm »
That's because you extract only a small amount of dirt to the pad. You are trying to evenly distribute the dirt across the whole of the carpet.

Can you prove this to be the case ? with CAMRASO reports , or any other proven test method?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 05:10:04 pm »
No disrespect to anyone one, but even the most avid devotee of LM would accept that there isn't any way that LM cleans a carpet as thoroughly as extraction cleaning.
If I recall correctly padding was originally conceived as a maintenance system that was intended to spruce up carpets on a regular basis, in between deep cleaning with the soil extraction system. Chem-Dry then developed it into an outright cleaning system with an emphasis on DRY rather than CLEAN and after that came Texatherm and others, but with the best will in the world none of these systems cleans as thoroughly as extraction cleaning, especially the Truck Mounted system.

Simon

jasonl

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 05:18:06 pm »
No it does not  claim to be  as thorough a system as TM or any other HWE system ,  in the same way a ford focus is not as good a car as a mercedes , the focus sells more cars in the uk than all mercedes models combined .

For the customer LM is the best choice , in many cases, based on drying times, speed and price.

I clean with LM , and if a job requires HWE I sub it out , for me LM is the best business decision for me , giving the best possible ROI which is why I am in business.

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 05:47:19 pm »
Jason,

No it does not  claim to be  as thorough a system as TM or any other HWE system

I think you've just conceded that you're selling a second rate service, albeit to people prepared to settle for second best.

Simon

Glynn

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 05:50:30 pm »
If we went in with a padding set up on "most" of our work we would be laughed off the job.
Because most of them have been there and had that...
Regards
Glynn

jasonl

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 06:51:09 pm »
You would be surprised Glyn how many say that to me about HWE too ,, that terribly noisy machine, pipes everywhere , etc etc .

Another example , a relative of mine bought a Specsavers franchise at the same time I bought my first Chem Dry  franchise.   He had previously worked for Dolland and aitchison opticians who were 3x more expensive than Specsavers.

Specsavers turned out to be the best financial decision he made, he always explained that people  generally no longer appreciate quality , and prefer convenience and price and ease of use.

It is obvious to anybody that a 20k TM will clean better than my 800 quid buffer.

What is the annual cost in depreciation , finance charges, repairs and maintenance on a typical TM?  THis is out of interest   to compare the bsiness case.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Gary Webber

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 07:32:59 pm »
Got to ask you Simon,

If you see it as a second rate service with inferior results.........
why are you looking at it? surely if i felt that strongly I wouldn't entertain the thought of Lm cleaning.

Confused?

Gary

derek west

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 08:14:07 pm »
maintenance cleans maybe?

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 09:54:59 pm »
I think you've just conceded that you're selling a second rate service, albeit to people prepared to settle for second best.

Jeez calm down Simon. Just lately you've requested guidence on LM which you planned to use. So are you saying you are going to provide a 2nd rate service to a customer?
If done properly and with time spent carrying out LM to the letter of the book  then the results can be fantastic, even more so when using the micro splitting products. Ask Nick at Solutions if you want the ins and outs of exactly what happens.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 10:00:12 pm »
Who is 'Nick at Solutions'? Some independant - or has he got a vested interest in one thing or the other?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 10:07:34 pm »
Gary,
I'm not looking at it from the perspective of offering it as a service, but more to see if there is a place for it in some circumstances. The only reason I'm revisiting the technique is to look at it again if only to affirm my belief that it is not a cleaning technique  but more something to be used to maintain a high appearance level in between deep cleans, which in my view is all it is good for. Having said that I concede that others take a different view and have built successful businesses based on it and hats off to them for that.

Simon

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 10:12:39 pm »
Neil,
I never suggested I was thinking of offering an LM cleaning service. If a client wanted a prestige reception area maintained on a regular basis then any good professional should be up to speed on the latest methods and materials in order to do it, hence my initial question.

Simon

jasonl

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 10:13:30 pm »
I use this method to clean carpets  , this method has paid for my kids schooling , let me travel the world , bought nice houses and cars ,and given me a simple and easy working life .

To me the system I use is not as important as how I market the system I use. One day I may buy a TM, once  direct drive units are allowed to be used here, though for now I will  continue to build a business based on LM.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

wynne jones

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 09:16:42 pm »
Jason

This is a genuine question. You do a quote and it's something nasty in the carpet like urine, poo or blood. Do you have some form of portie or do you pass on it?

Cheers

Wynne
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.