Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

absolutecleaning

Being a thickie - is this a worry or not please?
« on: July 09, 2010, 08:55:27 pm »
I just looked at this for one of our neighbours and as soon as I saw it it reminded me of those horrible threads about Crucial Trading carpets a while back.

Am I panicking - I can't remember what the jute shot would look like and cant find any diagrams in my manuals.

Any thoughts please?

Cheers

Simon

Re: Being a thickie - is this a worry or not please?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:47:15 pm »
I'm no expert on the subject of crucial trading carpets but if your neighbour had the stuff put in I think she would know if it was CT carpet or not, because of the price.
All the samples I have of CT carpet have all got a latex backing on them which I don't see in your picture. That btw is not to say yours isn't CT.

Dave Whittaker

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:51:18 pm »
Looks like a standard hessian backing to me ??? I'd crack on and clean it......is it on underlay? gripper?

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 09:54:10 pm »
This is not a woven carpet with a jute backing, so dont worry. Even if this in your pic was a polyprop face yarn it wont be a problem.

Its only when you have a polyprop with a jute weave you need to worry a bit. This looks like a wool, wool mix or even an acrylic loop berber.

Happy cleaning.

Mark

absolutecleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:27:33 pm »
Cheers for the responses - thought I was worrying too much.

They dont know what it is as they have only just moved in (from being our next door neighbours to being 3 doors away ;D)

Its on underlay and gripper and is high % wool from burn test.

My worry was that every so often in the backing there appears to be a different fibre going across - above the hessian as it were.

I thought that these could still cause problems if they had jute in the backing?  If its only woven then happy days.

Thanks

Simon