This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

When a customer canvasses for you
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:52:20 pm »
Did an old boys house today ... friend of a friend gave me the enquiry.

He insisted on watching me and asked if I did anymore on the cul de sac ... told him I was going to canvass his neighbours later ... he says I will come with you and tell them how good you are.

Fair enough thinks me ... this guy was brilliant tells the neighbours how good and thorough I am ... im standing there saying nowt most of the time ... end result 5 houses out of 14 with maybe a few more.

He then tells me he used to be a windie until late 80's !  ;D

the bfg

Re: When a customer canvasses for you
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:12:53 pm »
so did you drop to your knees to repay him back  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

don't speak with your mouth full  ;D ;D ;D ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:13:44 pm »
had that happen in areas desperate for a cleaner,they think the more you get the more likly you will keep going back

martinsadie

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:14:37 pm »
so did you drop to your knees to repay him back  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

don't speak with your mouth full  ;D ;D ;D ;D
is it not past your bedtime little boy  ;D

mci services

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:20:12 pm »
i get that a lot as well ;) the only downside to that is when you under price a job ::) and they go canvass lots more, but you live and learn ;D

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 10:27:38 pm »
Went to quote one job and ended up standing in the street with 7 different people. Ran round the houses, quoted each one, wrote it down on a piece of paper with the house number.

I got back to the mob, gave them their individual prices and told them if they all had it done monthly that i would knock a pound off each price. They all snapped my hand off. Took me an hour and a half to do the 7 of them.... they were happy and i was laughing ;D
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 09:41:00 pm »

Oh yes. These old uns just really make yer day. Few years back I did an old girls house...3 bed semi. Charged her £10. Next thing I know I'm doing all her old-biddy-mates along the same street. They never "weather" you off and make great cuppas with bikkies. Down side is you have to spend ages chatting about their grandchildren, piles, council tax, bus services, binmen, the East European family living opposite...etc....

Wish all my custies were like 'em!   ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 10:11:41 pm »
woman rung up sunday cleaned it monday ,when i collected tonight she knocked on next doors house,so thats another one  ;)

LQQK

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 10:37:27 pm »
I went into a road yesterday lived in by old biddies.

Now I know how the ice-cream man feels, except he gets it from selling cornets, I get it with the wrinklies.  ;D

They were climbing over their hedges and gates to collar me.

'I say young man! Hello! I say, Could you do me too?'

'Form an orderly queue ladies and if I haven't got time Squeaky is always up for it, he probably quite fancy you lot too'

;D